Don't Auto-Submit upon a crash.

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

ADAM-007
Flight Attendant

Don't Auto-Submit upon a crash.

Post by ADAM-007 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:10 pm

Hi all,

Joe asked me to put this to the forum so here we are.

The new beta client has an auto submit feature. After 5-10 minutes flights automatically upload without question. However upon a crash I'd like to put in a clause that auto submit is disabled or will prompt the pilot to ensure that they want to submit a crash to the website.

Thanks,
Adam.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Don't Auto-Submit upon a crash.

Post by joefremont » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:26 pm

Thanks for posting this Adam,

The auto submit, after significant delay, started because of a number of times when pilots forgot to submit there flights in the client and then wanted me to re-create it after. But as I was coding it, I did realize that it would have the effect of when pilots leave the cockpit unattended, and something bad happens, that the flight would be recorded, which I did not think would be a bad thing. But i am totally open to getting the opinions of others on if this 'feature' should be changed or not.

As for the current beta (b7) I have gotten very few complaints on it after about 2000 flights, only thing I have seen is that there have been a flew flights that recorded hard landing, very hard landing and crash penalties, all on the same flight. It should really only record one of those and will be making a change for that, but its simple enough that it should not require a separate beta release and can go straight into the 2.6.0 stable release, assuming no other major issues are found.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Veteran
Ticket Agent

Post by Veteran » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:50 pm

I would prefer that auto submit is optional. Means if there would be an option in the settings to turn it on or off I would be fine with it.

Just to give an example: Sometimes I have flights in planes I rarely use and while playing MSFS it always can happen due to updates that bugs occur which ruin the current flight. Although this is not happening too often anymore I would still prefer this as optional.

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:22 pm

I would also prefer to be able to turn this off.
Stan
CEO European Airways.
Yours Stan

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:48 am

Agree on the option to turn off. There are times when the sim just goes bonkers on you, regardless of which software you are running and to be penalized for such an event is pretty unfair. Example FSX - Steam at times will go into an uncontrolled glitch only feet from touchdown smashing you into the ground. It's a graphics display thing, does not happen often but it does happen and has happened to me. Without the auto submit, we can simply exit the client and fly the flight over.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:02 pm

I was looking into this today, unfortunately the options window is really tight right now and I don't think I can fit in another option without some major revisions. But I am going to increase the auto-submit delay to 15 minutes, which should be more than enough time for someone to abort the flight.

On a good note, I did a check and with B7 there were only two water landings and when I checked the flights final coordinates in google maps they did appear to be in the water, so I am going to get ready to build the final release.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:51 pm

8) surely appreciate all you do, thanks again Joe!

ADAM-007
Flight Attendant

Post by ADAM-007 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:41 am

Hi all,

I'd like to bring this up again please.

I feel this is probably a simple change to make, but please let me know if not Joe.

Can we please have the client disable auto submit is the following is detected:

Crash
Water landing
Hard Landing

These are often occurring if something happens in our pilots sims. Since the update 'please delete' requests from us have gone up significantly. Previously, our pilots (if they had issues) would just exit the client and redo the flight. However now we have to wait for Joe to delete the flight and that can take upwards of 10 hours for us as we are on the other side of the world to him.

Thanks,
Adam.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:00 pm

Adam I am not ignoring your suggestion but am giving time for others to comment. I have seen an small uptick of flights needing review because of crashes but has not been as much as I have expected.

So far I have been surprised that we have not found any critical bugs in 2.6.0 so far and hopefully I can put of having to release 2.6.1 till after MSFS 2024 is released.