Add planes : Van's RV10 and Van's RV14

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Zissiz Zekapten
Ticket Agent

Add planes : Van's RV10 and Van's RV14

Post by Zissiz Zekapten » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:48 am

As they have a very good addon on MSFS, is it possible to have it in FSAirlines, I would like to have them in personal hangar.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Add planes : Van's RV10 and Van's RV14

Post by joefremont » Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:39 pm

Aircraft get added when someone wants them enough to do the research and submit them. Feel free to do so.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Zissiz Zekapten
Ticket Agent

Post by Zissiz Zekapten » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:59 am

Will do !

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:06 pm

I see you submitted the RV-14, when you put in deliver airport you put in

KSQL LFRT YSEN NZCH KJQF EKRK

According to there website there factory is at

Aurora State Airport (KUAO)

This is an interesting point as for kit aircraft where is the factory? The companies factory where they do 50% of the build, or your garage where you finish it? I am not certain how you came up with your list of airports, hopefully there is some logic behind it.

However, while for VA's when they buy new builds of commercial aircraft, the aircraft is delivered to the factory as defined in the delivery airport field in the database. But when you purchase a new 'private' plane you can specify any airport as the delivery airport, the system defaults to the airport your pilot is located. This applies to both in production and out of production aircraft so in those cases the delivery airport is not important.

But it does raise the question of should it matter, should we change the system for private aircraft to deliver new aircraft to the factory? That would mean we would need to update the delivery airport for all the private and commercial aircraft in the system that don't have a delivery airport defined, which is about 670 aircraft.

Or we can leave it as it is, which is always simpler.

BTW, I see Van's aircraft filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy recently, so these may soon become out of production aircraft.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Zissiz Zekapten
Ticket Agent

Post by Zissiz Zekapten » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:19 am

I asked myself what would be the more appropriate.

As it is shipped in a box, I didn't consider it fitted with the FSAirlines concept of automatic transfert.

But honestly, both will be ok. It doesn't matter.

I didn't know for the bankruptcy. It's surprising as proeminent plane editor like SWS is betting on it. That's a shame, it's very fun little planes.