Schedules

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Stan
Chief Pilot

Re: Schedules

Post by Stan » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:39 pm

Hi Joe,
thanks for sorting out my flight to FAOR.I still use fs2004 but i had added scenery for FAJS which is the same airport only with a different code.
On the subject of Schedules,how long will it be before you add virtual pilots to the program.
As i fly on my own now i think that would be a really good addition to the Simulation.I was thinking along the lines of buying a full fleet of Cargolux aircraft and having all but one of them flown by BOTS.The one not flown by them would be for me to fly.
The Aircraft would still need to be serviced but the owner of the Airline could see to that.
I did notice that ELLX Luxembourg is not in the Airports list as this would be where i would have my fleet based.
I assume that when BOTS start flying my Aircraft that i as owner of my airline would receive the profits from their flights and their wages would be deducted from the amount earned as in a normal flight.
Something similar can be done using AI Aircraft but the addition of receiving the profits for the flights they do would be a really cool idea.

Stan
CEO European Airways
Yours Stan

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:14 pm

Hi Stan, you brought up several issues, lets deal with each of them.
Stan wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:39 pm
thanks for sorting out my flight to FAOR.I still use fs2004 but i had added scenery for FAJS which is the same airport only with a different code.
True that the main airport in Johannesburg has changed from FAJS to FAOR, we resisted that change in our DB for some time as the major sims used (FSX) had not been updated, but now that MSFS is the dominate sim and it has the new code, we have updated our DB. With FS9 your going to have to book your flight to FAOR but program your GPS to FAJS.
Stan wrote:
I did notice that ELLX Luxembourg is not in the Airports list as this would be where i would have my fleet based.
I just checked, ELLX is there.
Stan wrote:
On the subject of Schedules,how long will it be before you add virtual pilots to the program.
As i fly on my own now i think that would be a really good addition to the Simulation.I was thinking along the lines of buying a full fleet of Cargolux aircraft and having all but one of them flown by BOTS.The one not flown by them would be for me to fly.
The Aircraft would still need to be serviced but the owner of the Airline could see to that.
I assume that when BOTS start flying my Aircraft that i as owner of my airline would receive the profits from their flights and their wages would be deducted from the amount earned as in a normal flight.
Something similar can be done using AI Aircraft but the addition of receiving the profits for the flights they do would be a really cool idea.

Stan
CEO European Airways
Schedules was the last major requirement I could work on that could be used by human pilots as well as the automated pilots, I actually have started working on the automated pilot system but its going to be a complex system so I won't give you a time its going to be ready. Yes you will make profit but I am planning on limiting the bot flights to a 10x multiplier so you won't make as much, but will make some. But discussion of that should go into a different topic.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:07 pm

Well what i was thinking was no multiplier at all if we could have bots flying aircraft because as i see it the multiplier is only to simulate having a larger fleet flying for you anyway.
Stan
Yours Stan