"Buy ticket" timeframe

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Nutlang
Ticket Agent

"Buy ticket" timeframe

Post by Nutlang » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:12 am

Just something I`ve been thinking about...
When one buys a ticket to tranfer to a new airport, should the timeframe for you to arrive at that new airport not be similar to when one is transfering an aircraft? Would it not add to the realism?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: "Buy ticket" timeframe

Post by joefremont » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:24 pm

That is possible, but then you have to balance realism vs usability. How would I feel if in the limited time I have to fly in the simulator, FSA told me I had to wait hours to be able to fly because I need to transfer to a different airport. If a specific aircraft needs time to transfer, well I can always choose a different aircraft, but I have only one pilot.

An example is an airline just purchased a number of aircraft, they are all at the storage airport and I want to fly them to our base. I fly the first and I have time to fly another tonight but won't have time again for a few more days, should FSA say I can't do that?

What do others think?
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:12 am

Bottom Line: FSA is for entertainment purposes, to make it so strict you lose the ability to "just have fun" - that is a death sentence for the platform.

Individual VA's that want more strict controls, you could require your pilots to rent an airplane and fly to their next location and ban the "buy ticket" feature in your VA rules/bylaws.

Nutlang
Ticket Agent

Post by Nutlang » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:06 pm

I dont think it will cause a "death sentence" to this platform, to be honest...

Every day thousands of real world Pilots fly (jump seat) into different airports to connect to their planned flight schedules..
In the simulated world this could be while`s you are either at work or sleeping..

To each his/her own, but I will implement this in my VA and see how it plays out....

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:33 pm

i could see making it an option, but I see very few pilots using it, but it might be an option for the VA. When I get around to doing automated pilots (which I have been thinking about a lot recently and doing some prep) the auto's would need to spend the time.

I have though about some requirement of if you have flown X hours in the last Y days require timed transfers but keep coming back to the fact that people do this for fun, they have limited time, they may only have a couple days a month they can fly and need to get there hours in during a brief period, I would not want to force them to wait while there pilot is transferred.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Nutlang
Ticket Agent

Post by Nutlang » Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:55 am

Joe, I think it best to allow each VA the option of if they would want to implement a "Buy Ticket" time delay or not...

It would mean that the owner of such VA`s would maybe have to "ground" a Pilot for the duration that he/she is on a Jump Seat flight to the new airport and ensure that their Pilots are aware of this beforehand.

This is what I have posted in our Pilot Handbook:
"Additionally, we are experiencing with the “Buy Ticket” option in that when you buy a ticket to transfer to another airport, there will be a time delay as you “fly or Jump Seat” to the new airport.
That time is calculated by dividing the distance by speed, speed normally being 480knts. For that time duration you would not be able to book a flight and fly…
Eg: you are at FAOR and want to get to FACT; distance being 686nm/480knts = 1 h27mins.
So, you would be “grounded” for 1h27mins until you “land” in FACT 😊"

But, like I said before, to each his/her own.