Resume after Flight Aborted

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

cs611
Ticket Agent

Resume after Flight Aborted

Post by cs611 » Mon May 29, 2023 9:24 pm

I had my first 'aborted on landing' incident today when I mistakenly hit the replay button on my flight recorder without clicking through the screens in the End Flight phase of the client.

I wonder if its possible to just include the option to resume an aborted flight if you're in the correct position/weight/etc, similar to what is available if the client detects a sim crash. Perhaps instead of aborting the flight, the client just suspends it using the same process as during the sim crash?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Resume after Flight Aborted

Post by joefremont » Tue May 30, 2023 5:40 pm

The resume flight logic for when a flight crashes has not proved to be as useful as I first thought. One of the problems now is that most of our pilots use MSFS, including you, and in MSFS I have not found a way for the pilot to change location of the aircraft in the sim by doing a manual entry of lat, lon, altitude, heading and speed. This can be done in FSX and P3D but those are declining in popularity.

Is there a way to do this I don't know about?
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

cs611
Ticket Agent

Post by cs611 » Tue May 30, 2023 6:07 pm

No you can’t manually enter the coordinates. You have to slew back to where you were. The easiest way is to slew somewhere 10-20nm on your route before the crash location. This way the aircraft can stabilize. Then when you are close enough, you can resume flight. Thankfully you have programmed enough flexibility into the weight and location that it doesn’t need to exactly match. I have used this method perhaps a half dozen times successfully.

In my case here, the resume would have been easier because I was parked at a gate.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed May 31, 2023 4:25 am

in general, if the client aborts its because it thinks you were up to something, most likely no good, messing with the fuel, or your position or something else, not just loosing contact with the sim. Now I am sure that is not always the case, but I would not want to create a system where the cheaters could learn how much they can push the client.

The reason is always written into the debug file, and that file is not overwritten the next time you start the client. If you send it to me when it happens I can take a look at it and hopefully get a clue on how to fix it.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.