Client 2.6 ideas.

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

khakans
Ticket Agent

Re: Client 2.6 ideas.

Post by khakans » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:18 pm

No, of course it doesn't have to be mp3, it can be wav, no problem. So, we'll convert the audio files (which we prepared) in to wav. I just said mp3 as an example.

Yes you're right, I thought it was watching pushback too, sorry. It could be the 1st taxi(before take-off) phase (if possible) instead.

People who make this hobby as realistic as possible as a simulator always start the flight from the gate. Of course, those who start from the runway cannot listen to those files. The client skips those files. Besides, maybe this feature will encourage them to start from the gate and we can get rid of some of those bad views on the runways.

CRGaming
Ticket Agent

Post by CRGaming » Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:42 am

Is their any way to add penalties for poor flying in general. Over a certain g maybe. banks past 30 degrees? I landed and a330 pretty roughly the other day since i started decent late. Then auto pilot messed up and i banked it to 45 degrees to line up. Dropped at 4000 fpm and landed softly at 250 fpm. As far as Fs airlines is concerned i got 100%. I shouldn't have lol. I feel like we need more then just landing rate to determine if a flight was decent or not. Some of my flights are perfect, but some certainly would have passengers screaming. Their should be penalty for those. "Self loading cargo" is an addon. I'm not sure what parameters they use, but they have figured out how to grade your flight based on the whole flight and not just landing. Maybe something similar could be integrated into fsairline.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:47 am

CRGaming wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:42 am
Is their any way to add penalties for poor flying in general. Over a certain g maybe. banks past 30 degrees? I landed and a330 pretty roughly the other day since i started decent late. Then auto pilot messed up and i banked it to 45 degrees to line up. Dropped at 4000 fpm and landed softly at 250 fpm. As far as Fs airlines is concerned i got 100%. I shouldn't have lol. I feel like we need more then just landing rate to determine if a flight was decent or not. Some of my flights are perfect, but some certainly would have passengers screaming. Their should be penalty for those. "Self loading cargo" is an addon. I'm not sure what parameters they use, but they have figured out how to grade your flight based on the whole flight and not just landing. Maybe something similar could be integrated into fsairline.
Some of those ideas have some merit, some reckless flying penalties, like excessive banking or too rapid a decent may be a good idea but I would need more input before coming to a concussion on that. I am adding three new penalties which are
VERY_HARD_LANDING - which is a hard landing at 1500 fpm or harder and GROUND_ACCIDENT which is a crash on the ground when moving slow and SERIOUS_ACCIDENT which is when moving faster, still tweaking the exact numbers for those.

But i am getting close to being feature complete for the beta and not sure I can get enough feedback on reckless flying penalties. If you note on the first post the ideas that have an (a) at the end of the line, those are essentially implemented in my alpha version of the new client. I am debating making the client taller so I can do some of the other things but that may be more complicated than I though, we will see.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

ADAM-007
Flight Attendant

Post by ADAM-007 » Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:46 pm

Don't suppose 'modernizing the look of the client' could be an idea?

Maybe not for 2.6, but 3.0?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:46 pm

ADAM-007 wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:46 pm
Don't suppose 'modernizing the look of the client' could be an idea?

Maybe not for 2.6, but 3.0?
Defiantly for 3.0 I want to do that. Right now the client built with a pretty old version of visual C++ and at some point I want move to something more modern and that will be 3.0 then the look will change. But I when when I have free time and given the choice of features or cosmetics, I tend to go for features.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.