Taxi on the Runway

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Taxi on the Runway

Post by joefremont » Tue May 16, 2023 1:11 am

This is more for my own information. I have had a couple flights that the pilots asked to be reviewed where they landed at one end of a long runway and continued at high speed down the runway until they reached the other end and exited. The client, not being able to tell the type of ground you on dinged them for overspeed taxi. Right now the client gives one minute from the time you touch down to the time you have to be below the taxi speed limit.

So my question is what is the real world rule for aircraft speed on the runway after you land? Should we give more time to slow down after landing, or may be way until the aircraft turns?
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

AdySmith
Flight Attendant

Re: Taxi on the Runway

Post by AdySmith » Tue May 16, 2023 9:24 am

High speed taxiing is not good for the tyres, could easily lead to blowouts.

On long runways with limited turn off taxiways ATC will increase spacing on approach to allow time to slow down and vacate.

Keep the ground speed limit as it is.

CaptainPrecious
Ticket Agent

Re: Taxi on the Runway

Post by CaptainPrecious » Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:01 pm

I have an FBO at Istanbul Airport which has ridiculously long runways. Sometimes when I have a high GW and no traffic is behind me I land long intentionally to not get the brakes hot in order to be able to depart soon again. I got a taxi penalty a couple of times, so yes for me more leniancy here would be a benefit