Cargo on Very Large Aircraft - AN-225 and others

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Cargo on Very Large Aircraft - AN-225 and others

Post by joefremont » Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:58 pm

I have become quite concerned that with the large number of AN-225's floating around are system that they are scooping up large qualities of packages and being used as a general cargo carrier rather than as something that carried special cargo oversized cargo. So I am working on a change where aircraft that can carry 100,000 kg packages will only be able to carry 100,000 kg and 20,000 kg packages, but not the smaller 2000 kg and 200 kg packages. I have actually made the change on my development system but have not deployed it yet as there are other things I am working on also.

I did a check and over the last three months about 70% of the packages (by weight) on AN-225's have been those larger packages so I don't think the impact will be too great, but it could vary by pilot depending how much time they are willing to spend hunting for those large packages.

An alternate idea I had been thinking of, in the real world on aircraft like the Beluga and 747LCF they can carry normal cargo but not in there oversized upper cargo bay, but in the original underfloor cargo bays that were part of the design of the aircraft they were derived from. So maybe for aircraft that can carry 20000 kg packages or larger we put a limit on how much 'normal' cargo they can carry, which for the beluga would be the same as there airbus passenger aircraft equivalent and for the big military AC (AN 124/225, C5) we have some lower number say 80,000 kg for the AN-225 and 50% for all others. That would be more compilated and take more time but might be more fair that just cutting off the 200 and 2000 kg packages completely.

Generic (non package) cargo would continue as before for the first option or would be the same as 'standard' cargo if we do option 2.

thoughts?
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

CRGaming
Ticket Agent

Re: Cargo on Very Large Aircraft - AN-225 and others

Post by CRGaming » Wed May 03, 2023 3:00 am

Were changes made already? Im trying to haul two 100,000kg and it wont fit. I have one on board and it says 197,000 pound remaining. (less then 100,000kg)

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Cargo on Very Large Aircraft - AN-225 and others

Post by joefremont » Wed May 03, 2023 3:37 am

Nope, no changes yet, mark your last flight as needing review an I can investigate
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.