Rewards for Multiplier 1

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

CaptainPrecious
Ticket Agent

Rewards for Multiplier 1

Post by CaptainPrecious » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:00 am

Dear Devs,

I know that most people use the recommended multiplier or some higher value than 1. And this makes sense, especially if you're flying on your own.

I however decided that I'd like a challenge and wanted to expand my airline only by using multiplier 1.

Now, that is my business of course, but seeing how hard it really is, wouldn't it be nice to have an additional motivation for people to do it the hard way?

Anything from an award in the pilot's profile to a month free-premium to the top 10 pilots every month... I'm sure folks would have decent ideas!

CaptainPrecious
Ticket Agent

Re: Rewards for Multiplier 1

Post by CaptainPrecious » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:16 pm

Any thoughts on that?

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:10 pm

It would take a long time to pay off a single line aircraft like a 737 or A320 (as in real world). Not a lot of simmers have that kind of time or dedication to put into what is essentially a video game.

EXAMPLE: Typical 738 short haul would make $29,000. Used 738NG's go for around $23 million so you would need around 800 flights just to break even.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:34 pm

I am a bit reluctant to do anything for this. For sure flying at 1x is the more difficult path, but sometimes taking the more difficult path is its own reward, do you really need an extra 'Attaboy' from us?

A thought briefly crossed my mind of adding another category in the statistics for flight by multiplier but its already fairly complicated and not sure this would add much value.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.