Client Autostart

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Client Autostart

Post by joefremont » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:01 pm

Here is an idea I received from a member via a support ticket.
You know with flightsim you have lots of programs open, Navigraph, Volanta, FSrealistic, self-loading cargo, RAAS Professional.

My issue i am having is, I always start the FSA Client, but because I can't start it until I start the plane, I keep forgetting to do it ruining all my fights.

Can you update the client, so that if it is open and detects the aircraft has started taxi but the client tracking has not been started, can you make it start itself?

Otherwise, I will probably give up on FSA because this happens all too often for me.

Once you spent 20 mins setting up the flight, I'm not going to restart it to get back on the ground to start the client because that is too much wasted time.

Kind Regards,
Would this be of value to others? I can see it causing problems especially when with your payload the aircraft is overloaded and the client would normally not let you start. It could pause the sim until you fix it but the interactions would be complicated.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

CRGaming
Ticket Agent

Re: Client Autostart

Post by CRGaming » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:15 pm

I have had this problem also. It does pause MSFS but in some odd way that it can't be unpaused.

ADAM-007
Flight Attendant

Post by ADAM-007 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:35 pm

Could you get the client to display a message in sim?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:28 am

Thing I worry about, is that if they start the flight and the payload and fuel is too great only thing the client could do is pause the sim and try to display a message but they display and we will get even more complaints about why does the sim freeze when using your client. There are some who complain about the current pause on MSFS where they say its impossible to unpause.

jato0072
Ticket Agent

Post by jato0072 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:28 pm

If you do change it, can you make it optional (able to turn Autostart on or off)? The client is working just fine for P3d.

Mesquaki
Ticket Agent

Post by Mesquaki » Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:02 pm

jato0072 wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:28 pm
If you do change it, can you make it optional (able to turn Autostart on or off)? The client is working just fine for P3d.
We too ask the same as above since the client works fine for us as is in XP11. We load our sim, our FS-Flight Control, then the client and start our flight in the client once we completed our fuel and weight calculations before even starting the aircraft. Never had issues with how we do it, but we also both fly in XP11 and I recognize other sims may not work in same steps.

AdySmith
Flight Attendant

Post by AdySmith » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:20 am

Don't think it is necessary.

Part of all my checklists is

FSA RUNNING.

If you can't remember to start the client there is not too much hope for your flying!

If this is implemented then PLEASE make it an option, not automatic.

jagerderek
Ticket Agent

Post by jagerderek » Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:41 pm

I don't think the complications in trying to incorporate an 'auto start' is worth it, especially with the fuel/cargo loading dynamic. What we do need is a manual pirep option, so if someone forgets to start acars or the flight save option doesn't work right (as happens from time to time) then we would be able to still submit a flight.

alanchalevrai
Ticket Agent

Post by alanchalevrai » Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:13 am

In our company, pilots often forget to click on fly in the tracker. I don't know how to solve this. Maybe a sound alert?
Alan (French Pilot from Réunion Island)
www.airbluefox.fr

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:05 pm

jagerderek wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:41 pm
I don't think the complications in trying to incorporate an 'auto start' is worth it, especially with the fuel/cargo loading dynamic. What we do need is a manual pirep option, so if someone forgets to start acars or the flight save option doesn't work right (as happens from time to time) then we would be able to still submit a flight.
I can see a manual pirep being taking advantage of, with airlines creating flights that never happened.

Daeron
Ticket Agent

Post by Daeron » Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:24 am

This morning, I spent 45 minutes to configure the flight. And starting pushback, the simulator freezed, due to the fact I didn't confirm "Fly". :cry:
It's really frustrating and that would be nice to have a sound alert instead of freezing the game. Please ! :)

MikeC
Ticket Agent

Post by MikeC » Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:16 pm

Have you never considered using a Check List - works for me, every time.

MikeC

AdySmith
Flight Attendant

Post by AdySmith » Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:39 am

Of course you could easily write a batch file to launch FSA, FS and any other programs (weather engine, flight planner etc) all in one click.

Daeron
Ticket Agent

Post by Daeron » Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:29 pm

MikeC wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:16 pm
Have you never considered using a Check List - works for me, every time.
I already use checklists with a special line "FsAirlines: Click on Fly". But sometimes with ATC chatting, passengers boarding, talking to other pilots of my virtual company, my children taking my attention, I forget... And I pay it by wasting time. :oops:

The program runs on MSFS start but we have to click on Fly when fuel and boarding is complete.

chrisjk84
Ticket Agent

Post by chrisjk84 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:00 am

so did we fix this issue or not? nothing in here is about the problem, just a solution to prevent the problem