Ability to manipulate Charter flight prices

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

sabahassani
Ticket Agent

Ability to manipulate Charter flight prices

Post by sabahassani » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:17 pm

Hello everyone
it would be nice if we had some level of control over passenger ticket price in charter flights as it is not so profitable for passenger charter flights (unlike the actual concept of charter flights). practically it made the charter only usable for cargo flights.
cheers

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Ability to manipulate Charter flight prices

Post by joefremont » Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:56 pm

I have tried to keep things simple on the charter flights. Last thing I want is a dozen support requests from pilots who complain they got no passengers because they sent the price too high or no profit because the price was too low. Right now the price is the 'standard' price multiplied by your VA reputation plus 20%.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

sabahassani
Ticket Agent

Post by sabahassani » Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:43 am

Thank you dear Joe for clarification. Just as I am not very bright in math could you provide an example for the price? cheers mate.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:48 pm

For our VA - KDTW-KLAL: standard price is $138 x our airline reputation of 120% (top tier) = $166. Add 20% of the standard price ($27) and the Charter Flight should be $193 for one economy seat.

I recently flew this route as a charter flight and it paid $193/386/772 (economy/biz/first).

NOTE: If you jack your airline prices up over the standard price, you will NOT get a better return on charter flight pricing.