Economy Plus seating

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Technotron3
Ticket Agent

Economy Plus seating

Post by Technotron3 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:47 am

Economy plus has become a major selling point for airlines today, could we see economy plus added to aircraft seating? Maybe a 1.5X weight in the modifier? (probably more like 1.25X) Not sure how much needs to be reworked to implement it and all. just an idea.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Economy Plus seating

Post by joefremont » Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:06 am

I do have an idea for an overhaul of the seating system, where there could be many types, you would actually have to buy the seats, different types of seats for different categories of aircraft, etc. but it would be a huge project. One is the basic mechanics for passenger types and how many of each type want to go on your flight. Today we have three (first, business, economy), each airport has a pool of passengers waiting at each, actually it has three, one for each class and each is calculated separately. But if we are going to have many different seat types I am going to need to come up with a different model for determining how each seat would be filled.

With the current system its simple, by default about 4% of the passengers at an airport are first class, 12% business the rest economy. The first class passengers would never mix with the low life's in business and the business class would never mix with the peasants in economy or the bourgeoisie in first. But some economy passengers might go to economy plus (or some business if it was full), would love to have a system were each passenger is modeled independently knowing where they want to go and what level of luxury they want and how much they are willing to spend, but the computational power to model that would be massive and I don't know how I would do that.

Long story,
short story maybe later.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Re: Economy Plus seating

Post by Cat » Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:44 pm

I like the seat buying idea, but I can see many would not .... pulling out/putting in seats on a flight by flight basis where
packages are/are not available