Tupolev TU-144

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Tupolev TU-144

Post by joefremont » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:40 pm

Hi Flyers,

I have given a lot of though about this aircraft and weather it should be allowed in the platform. Currently its classified as 'special use', but I am thinking it should be changed to 'experimental' as while the Soviet authorities claimed it entered service, it only flew a handful of flights between Moscow and Alma-Ata (the location of the Tupolev factory) before it was withdrawn because it was unsafe.

The only reason it entered service at all is because the Soviets wanted to claim a propaganda victory over the British/French Concorde, and Aeroflot and Tupolev were both agencies of the government who were ordered to make it happen no matter what (the heads of those agencies probably would have been sent to Siberia if it did not happen).

Currently there are 6 TU-144's in service in FSA. A VA just asked for one and I said no because they don't have enough members to qualify for a special use aircraft, but I am thinking we should re-classify it as an 'experimental' aircraft, those who have them can still use it but no more will be allowed.

What do others think?
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Tupolev TU-144

Post by joefremont » Wed May 17, 2023 6:42 pm

Been over a year on this one with no replies, I am resetting the TU-144 as an experimental aircraft and will not allow any new ones in the platform.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.