Crew Costs

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Crew Costs

Post by joefremont » Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:06 pm

One of the things I am working on for the next version of the client is a update to the formula for crew cost. Currently the cost is 5$ per passenger, no matter low long the flight or the class of the passenger or how many flight attendants are present.

In the new formula it will be 2$ per passenger per hour plus 20$ per hour for each flight attended, business class passengers count as two passengers and first class passengers count as four. Calculating hours in the sim is problematic so for this hours is always the flight distance divided by the cruise speed in the database plus 30 minutes.

But it just occurred to me, that may be good for the flight attendants, but what about the co-pilots or flight engineers. I was thinking that if co-pilots were not assigned when booking the flight, the system should include the cost of the other flight crew members. I figure the per hour cost of a copilot could be 40-120$ per hour depending on the size of the aircraft and if there are additional members (flight engineer, navigator, etc.) they would be 60% of that each.

As I write this I can see the unintended consequence of this may be that pilots create fake pilot accounts with zero salary and assign them as co-pilots but if they are going to go that far to save a few v$ I am not sure its worth the effort.

What are your thoughts?
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Re: Crew Costs

Post by Cat » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:43 pm

Too complicated. KIS please 8)

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Crew Costs

Post by joefremont » Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:13 pm

Fortunately it won’t complicate it much as all the numbers are calculated behind the scenes, I am working on that part of the code anyways as I am putting in hourly pay for pilots
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.