Pumpkins

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Cat
Chief Pilot

Pumpkins

Post by Cat » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:17 pm

This topic is about the aircraft sitting around the FSA world that have expired maintenance (2 years since last check) and may never be flown again by their current owners.

I propose a status update whereby at 1 year + 9 months the status turns from blue to Orange warning the owner they will lose possession of this aircraft in 90 days if they don't service it. At 1 year + 11 months the status will turn to red - final call to service it or lose it.

At 2 years + 1 month (final 30 day grace period), the aircraft returns to the FSAviation inventory / Trader List. The airline will be compensated the lowest available sale price of said aircraft.

This will help recycle the current inventory, especially out of production aircraft that may become more difficult for airlines to acquire. Recycling existing aircraft that are not being used will also save some server space I would imagine as opposed to letting them rot forever while still generating new ones for other airlines.

All current aircraft with expired maintenance (over 2 years) would be given a 120 day service bulletin - you have 4 months to fix it or lose it.

Just a thought - I am open to all comments / thoughts. Perhaps there really are not that many pumpkins out there but with all the inactive VA's, I'm betting there are a lot of aircraft that can be recycled.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Pumpkins

Post by joefremont » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:18 pm

The status colors do follow something like your suggestion, but at 1.75 years turns to dark blue instead of the pumpkin orange you suggest and then turns magenta at 2 years. As for selling them off automatically I am not sure there is a real world precedent for automatically selling of an airlines aircraft and I am sure there are those of use who have our museum collections who would not like them being sold without consent.

When FSA Aviation takes possession of an aircraft from a defunct VA it puts it through an A-Check and then adds it to the market, would it be cheaper for VA's to wait for that then buy them back from FSA to avoid having to do maintenance on them themselves?

I could see some busy airports not wanting you to store your fleet of derelicts in there limited parking spaces but they would probably respond by just increasing the parking fee rather than foreclosing on the aircraft.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:28 pm

You make valid points about the museum pieces, not everyone keeps them in "flying state".

With out of production aircraft facing new proposed limits on availability, I was looking for ways to recycle aircraft that are just sitting forever but counting against the "number in service".

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:43 pm

I hope I did not imply I would be limiting the number of out of production aircraft (although I really wish I had limited the number of AN-225's as its a bit out of control right now). It was just going to take longer to get your order filled.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

fackprod
Ticket Agent

Post by fackprod » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:53 am

Should the focus initially be on inactive/defunct VA fleets with a review of aircraft availability after? We are a small but active va . We have a number of aircraft deliberately placed into long term storage. Some will be approaching the 18 months - 2 year mark. Would these be forced into compulsory maintenance or be impounded? We have past members who did airline liveries some of which have become the museum aircraft
Alastair
RED Global Airlines

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:49 am

Fear NOT my friend, it was just an idea tossed out there and the "museum factor" I never took into account. I hereby withdraw the proposal. ;)

I was just looking for a way to kick non flying aircraft back into the mix due to the new "out of production" rules regarding availability vs those already "in service" in our FSA world.