Windows 11

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Windows 11

Post by joefremont » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:20 pm

I have not updated to windows 11 yet and am wondering if any one is having any successes or failures with it?
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Re: Windows 11

Post by Cat » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:24 pm

Not me. My fairly new computer says it does not meet the requirements of Win 11. What a racket MicroShaft has going. Forced updates on people knowing full well there are millions out there that "do not meet the requirements" of their new bloatware.

Jdebarr
Ticket Agent

Re: Windows 11

Post by Jdebarr » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:00 am

so last week I had for the first time a few CTDs. Totally new. I run Dev version of the FBW A20N. It is my favorite. Check my logs you can see that is true.

so anyhow. I start getting CTDs where the sim just closed then I started messing with files manually removing stuff and my install got all screwed up to the point it wouldnt even load. the "fly" button stopped showing up. I was running beta 9 for MSFS.. that made the salty sim not work.

Anyhow I was on Windows 10 and I spent all of saturday nuking my machine and doing a fresh install. This machine has a 3070 in it but I havent redone the O/s in 2 years so it has all kinds of games on it.. Elite dangerous.. both truck sims, and a lot of other stuff.

MSFS.. I set it to medium and I was getting 3o-40 frames which is NOT what the 3070 is supposed to do.

now here is the weird stuff. so I made a windows 11 install disk and formatted the machine.. I put windows 11 on and spent HOURS reinstalling MSFS on my 1 gig ATT connection.. ugh.

I put just the flybywire A20N on dev version.

Fired up flight sim.. it worked.. and it was SUPER smooth. I take a look at the settings.. most of them are set on Ultra.

I look at my frames Im getting 50-60 FPS. now ive read tech articles with the titles

"Is windows 11 faster for gaming" their article said "yes but only 3-5% more" and it was due to more efficient code.

Well for me.. I did a bios upgrade (that was a year old) I put win 11.. it made a HUGE difference for me.. but could it be the bios update? or a 100% fresh install with no nonsense.. Sure.. but I regularly go through and dont let anything startup and stay memory resident.

That was my experience. Im actually so used to it from Sunday to today I am thinking of upgrading all my computers to it now. I actually like it.

I did some reading on TPM 2.0 because I thought I had some privacy concerns too.. turns out after people explaining it that is not a real problem. It was in my head. So.. far so good. I like Windows 11 and recommend it.

I was talking to another CIO friend of mine who games I told him my story.. he said "That is irrelevant to me" I asked why.. he said "because of been running windows 11 for a really long time now.