fuel restrictions

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

carthorse
Ticket Agent

Post by carthorse » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:35 am

Crazy, it's very consistent for me.

I'm running Win XP Pro SP2.

I'd be curious to know if anyone else experiences this trouble. As for now, i'm fine with it now that i understand what's happening to me.

Thanks,
JP

BFuller

Post by BFuller » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:57 am

Next time I get a chance to fly two flights and book them, I'll give it a try too.

AK_Dave

Post by AK_Dave » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:53 am

I've been getting the same behavior as carthorse.

carthorse
Ticket Agent

Post by carthorse » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:20 pm

Looks like prob got fixed in last release.

Thanks

AK_Dave

Post by AK_Dave » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:41 am

That's funny, I'm still getting the lbs option button selected, but the number in the text box is the number of kg of fuel.

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:19 am

Hi Guys,

I don't think that there's any great mystery here, nor a fault with the client as such. The FlyNET website and the Client use KGS for recording data. If you look at any aircraft across the entire FlyNET world it shows you the remaining fuel in kgs. When the client fetches the data when you hit the 'Fly Booked Flight' button it fetches that kgs amount and inserts it in the refuel window. It may well remember the refuel option lbs/kgs that you last used but it will insert the kgs amount numbers in the window 'ready'. If you choose to use lbs then it's not a problem as you should know what fuel amount that you want for your next flight and insert the lbs amount that you want. When you look at the fuel in the client window once you have started the flight it will always show kgs amounts regardless of whether you selected lbs/kgs. If there is a loss in conversion and you don't need to refuel with an additional amount then click the kgs button and accept the current fuel state.

Rgds

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:16 am

I didn't program that part of the client (and didn't have the time to look up the code). But it looks to me as if it's not a problem.

It's similar to your username and password...you don't have to type them every time because they are saved...the same thing happens with the fuel. Forget what appears in the edit box. Just type the amout of fuel you'd like to have and fly ;)
Claudio - FSAirlines Programming

DanKH
Ticket Agent

Post by DanKH » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:32 pm

carthorse wrote:You had me thinking i was crazy,
He does that to you, don't he? :wink:
Best Rgds
Dan