Baggage allowances

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Baggage allowances

Post by Quantum » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:07 pm

Hi all,

Currently, all passenger flights allow an allowance of 25kgs per passenger regardless of routes. I don't know about the rest of the world but commonly in Europe, the baggage allowances are 15kgs for domestic and 20kgs for international flights. Maybe some longhaul International flights or First-Class passengers may get a higher baggage allowance but for the general travelling public 15kgs or 20kgs appear to be the norm.

I propose that for flights that have departure and destination in the same country passengers have 15kgs baggage allowance, and for flights between two different countries they have 20kgs baggage allowance.

For those that may ask the question "Why?". It's because, for each passenger that you carry, their baggage allowance is deducted from the cargo capacity of the aircraft. You don't see it but it's there.

Rgds

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

HS1

Post by HS1 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:24 pm

I must say that I, for one, have never considered it to be an issue hampering operations. If a system could be installed whereby the individual airline can decide as to their baggage limits, it would be an advancement. I, however, would like to offer my passengers more than 15 and 20 kg for domestic and international flights respectively, and so am opposed to this element of control.

FsNovice

Post by FsNovice » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:41 pm

I would prefer some way the individual airline can decide the baggage allowance for their own airline as this is what real world airlines can do.

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:15 pm

Hi,

By reducing baggage allowance then you will carry more cargo. More cargo = more revenue. Each of your passengers is given a 25kg allowance which is then deducted from the cargo capacity of your aircraft. If you carry 200 passengers then by reducing the baggage allowance from 25kgs to 20kgs on international flights then you will gain 1,000kgs cargo revenue. On domestic flights you will gain 2,000kgs cargo revenue. When/if the MZFW calculations are applied at FlyNET then I think you will prefer lower baggage allowances for passengers. On some aircraft on the FlyNET database all cargo capacity is allocated to passenger baggage so there is nil cargo revenue. By reducing baggage allowances some of those aircraft will be able to generate an income from cargo as well.

Rgds

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

vaccaro
Captain

Post by vaccaro » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:05 pm

In Turkey it is up to the carrier. Some decided to use 15kgs while the biggest (Turkish Airlines) still uses 20kgs for both domestic and international.
Maybe an option can be implemented for airline to decide.

AK_Dave

Post by AK_Dave » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:31 pm

How many of your virtual passengers have complained or will complain about how much baggage they can carry? Personally, I'd rather be able to carry a little more cargo to make my flights a little more profitable.

Just one more opinion.
AK_Dave