Flight Payload Confirmation Page

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Flight Payload Confirmation Page

Post by joefremont » Sat May 20, 2023 6:56 pm

Hi Flyers,

I have been working on a page in the flight booking process where you can confirm the payload on your flight before the flight is actually booked. This page will show up right after select route and select aircraft in the normal booking pages.

If you would like to test this for me its on https://beta.fsairlines.net

Thanks.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Re: Flight Payload Confirmation Page

Post by Cat » Sun May 21, 2023 9:11 pm

Beta is not giving me any passengers from KDCA to KMCI. Normal site gives me my full load of 72 (737-800 set up as a sports charter flying the Detroit Tigers MLB team).

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon May 22, 2023 4:55 am

Hi Sam, I tried to reproduce that but I could not, but I may have updated my side already. Been doing some work on technical stops but its not final uet. Updated beta to by dev code.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Mon May 22, 2023 7:13 pm

Alan McGaughey
Ticket Agent

Post by Alan McGaughey » Mon May 22, 2023 7:55 pm

Worked fine for me, confirmation page gave option to restrict pax/cargo.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon May 22, 2023 9:25 pm

Added some more updates and other fixes. Now if you are booking with more payload than recommended you either have to click a box to confirm your loading more than recommended. Not sure about the wording on the confirm box though.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon May 22, 2023 10:12 pm

If you are up to it, try it on a route that has technical stops setup, it will show you the distance and recommended fuel for each of them.

Kevinfly
Rampie

Post by Kevinfly » Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:19 pm

I have been using the new confirmation page for the past few weeks and have encountered minimal issues. However, there are two points I would like to mention:

Crew weight:
Currently, the confirmation page does not display the weight of the crew. This can result in a discrepancy in the ZFW or automatic reduction of cargo if the ZFW on the confirmation page is close to the MZFW. I'm not sure if this is intentional, but since the crew weight is dependent on the number of passengers, it would be helpful to include it on the confirmation page. Otherwise, you may be surprised by a small discrepancy in either the ZFW or cargo.

Packages:
When you set a limit on your cargo and subsequently load some packages, the total cargo weight becomes the cargo limit plus the weight of the packages. It would be helpful to have an option to replace the generic cargo instead. Alternatively, one can simply cancel the flight, rebook it, and adjust the cargo limit accordingly. This is not really as there is an easy workarounds from the user side. However, it would be useful.

Overall, these issues can be managed easily by the user, so they are not significant problems.

So far, I haven't experienced any other issues (I haven't checked the technical stop setup), and I am really enjoying the new feature.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:05 am

I have fixed the crew weight in the calculations, the package issue you noted is the same as the current setup where you limit cargo on the route and then packages are added on top, I am not sure what to do about that.

I spent some time working on it this weekend, along with some other bugs, hope to get my spring update done at least by the beginning of July.