Problems with loading and packaging

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Efad
Ticket Agent

Problems with loading and packaging

Post by Efad » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:00 pm

Caracas, 03/28/2023.

To: Joe Fremont

Greetings Joe..

Already on several occasions I have had this discrepancy with the fsairlines system, specifically with the client that upon arriving at my destination and passing the report appears to me that I have exceeded the Maximum landing weight (Exceeded maximum landing weight), this led me to make you this communication, as I have noticed that the system even though one loads the aircraft of the parcel that to a certain extent for operational reasons, such as: field elevation, length of runway available, flight distance to travel, maximum fuel allowed for that route, etc.. etc.; and the system automatically completes 100% of the capacity load and calls it a load.

In the following image I show you for example that in this last flight, I should have never arrived with excess weight at landing, according to the calculations made and only carrying 117,200kg my landing weight would be approximately 13,835kg below the MLW.
Imagen1.png
Imagen1.png (20.45 KiB) Viewed 4877 times
What happens?

It happens that, even if I load my aircraft with only 117,200kg (which would be the maximum load allowed by the different factors that force it) as in this case, the system, however, automatically loads 15,430kg and unfortunately without being able to have the way to not load this additional. This action, I think, should not be done by the system, especially in cargo aircraft flights, as you can see in the following image:
Imagen2.png
Imagen2.png (63.7 KiB) Viewed 4877 times
Maybe you could remove or place an accept or not accept button next to that statement or field called load.

This additional load ultimately influences the MLW since the system takes it into account in the zero fuel weight (ZFW) as seen in the following image:
Imagen3.png
Imagen3.png (64.38 KiB) Viewed 4877 times
This situation, has forced me in many opportunities, to have to make a Holding pattern to burn the additional fuel, something that sometimes when one is under control, either in Vatsim or IVAO, it gets a bit annoying for the controllers to have to ask to make a holding pattern to be able to comply with the landing performance.

I would be very grateful if you could analyze such situation and see if possible the implementation of a button to accept or not that load that the system adds in the reservation and that is not included in our intentions.

Sincerely;

Erick Fco. Aldrighetti D.
CEO-VIA003-GTO
Viasa Virtual Airlines (45312)

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Problems with loading and packaging

Post by joefremont » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:11 pm

When you either create a Charter Flight or Create a Route you have the opportunity to set a cargo and a passenger limit but I see your most recent flights were pre defined routes where you can fly just about any aircraft type, so limiting the on the route is not very useful. I suppose adding a page to reduce the payload after booking the flight would not be too difficult, but not sure how often it would be used.

Typically pilots want there aircraft with payload loaded up to the MZFW, which is what the system does by default.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:20 am

Charter flights are so much easier in this aspect. With my business jet charter division (where they rarely fly "full"), I now have two dice for pax booked (roll doubles, get to roll again for more pax). I then set that limit during the charter flight booking. The same can be done with cargo.

Using the above system, I do not change out the seats every flight and thus the cargo numbers will not increase with fewer passengers - I'm just flying empty seats. But then we have $13.9 Billion in cash and no need to make max revenue on every flight.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:47 pm

True, I forgot about the seat configuration. I am slowly working on an update to seat configuration that would make it more difficult .
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.