More multiplier brackets

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: More multiplier brackets

Post by joefremont » Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:09 pm

Thinking of insurance again, I did some looking at the numbers on the revenue of airlines on our system over the last year. Looking at all who have more than 20B in assets, total revenue as a percent of the value of aircraft is around 57%, with some of the most active airlines over 300%. So if we added a 5-10% insurance rate for liability only, it would hit mostly those airlines that are not very active while the active airlines would not even feel it.

We added required maintenance and that was supposed to be a way to put some cap on the growth of airlines but only did so much. So I am not sure how much value insurance would add.

For the record I have not decided on making any changes at this point.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:33 am

Some of us like to "start over" .... aka open a new fresh fleet and finance it with an in-house fleet to fleet loan and then see how long it takes to make that new operation profitable. Having a multi-billion dollar "mothership" behind these operations takes all the risk out yet lets us explore avenues we might not want to take on with an entirely new VA - like executive charter operations, a very low margin business.

Just saying... .further unwanted expenses with additional complication to an already complicated system is not something I would endorse at this point. My opinion only.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:19 am

Anyone who wants a reset can get one. Just let me know what you want left when I’m done.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:25 pm

Good to know. It's been quite awhile since I've done any tutorial video's, I am thinking of going through them and replacing them one by one with current information as they are all quite outdated with all the changes that happened in FSA after they were made.

johnrichards1991
Ticket Agent

Post by johnrichards1991 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:29 am

Reading this I would be all for landing fees, maybe noise debatement fees, per passenger taxes and curfew extention fees if after real ops opening hours, parking fees and even baggage, passenger handling and equipment/worker fees.

To be fair with people against it, the main website describes the site being "FSAirlines allows you to mange your virutal airline as realsitically as possible"

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:19 pm

For the record I have dropped this idea for now.

As for the other fees, those are one of those things that I am hesitant to do. The question is do they add anything to the experience, other than more costs. If they are a fixed cost per flight that the pilot/airline has no control over then I don't see much purpose. If they were something that would give an incentive the airlines to act in a more realistic way, then I would consider it,

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:28 am

This idea keeps coming up so though I would reopen it. Having a top bracket of 10x seams reasonable but not sure reaching that number at 160B is the right number, seams pretty high.

We had discussed these backets

20B assets 15x
40B assets 10x
80B assets 8x
160B assets 5x

But maybe if we cut that in half

10B assets 15x
20B assets 10x
40B assets 8x
80B assets 5x

Or even lower where at

10B assets 15x
15B assets 10x
20B assets 8x
40B assets 5x

or

7.5B assets 15x
10B assets 10x
15B assets 8x
20B assets 5x

At the different levels then number of airlines that would be in the lowest 5% bracket would be

160B: 4
80B: 10
40B 22
20B: 53

Ideas?

cajunjosh
Ticket Agent

Post by cajunjosh » Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:49 pm

I think we are only at around 5b in total assets but I'm for your lowest tier of brackets and for the concept of bring the multiplayer tiers all the way down to 1x at a certain point.

It seems like the critiques on excessive assets comes primarily from the larger outfits, and we are certainly enjoying the drop in our multiplayer as the flight revenue becomes more and more realistic and we now have to be more decisive with what large aircraft we might be willing to purchase as our fleet and pilot roster grows.

Lowering those brackets and increasing the number seems like a great way to reintroduce that feeling of clawing your way to the top.