Add Return To Location on Lease Report?

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Cat
Chief Pilot

Add Return To Location on Lease Report?

Post by Cat » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:46 am

Just something we discovered leasing planes, we can't see where we are supposed to return them unless we take a screenshot of the original contract before leasing the aircraft.

Is there a possiblity of adding that data in the Leased Planes reports in Finances?

brazvo
Ticket Agent

Re: Add Return To Location on Lease Report?

Post by brazvo » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:01 am

I am adding to this request. Maybe it would be quite enough to add From - To to transfer records in Flight log of an aircraft.

As I know where I took an aircraft when I flown it personally:

I don't know it when an aircraft was transferred:

Bruno

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:23 am

Hi have started some work on fixing a few lease issues, these include:

1) Display of return location on the finance/lease page and aircraft information page.
2) Saving the original aircraft registration and name so it can be restored after the lease expires.
3) Currently when a lease is accepted and then quickly cancelled and the aircraft has not used the lease is voided and all payments returned to prevent it being used as a method to transfer assets between airlines, when this happens the aircraft owner has to setup the lease again, I am making a change so that the aircraft is automatically put back up for lease.
4) Also trying to rationalise the code that decides the maximum lease rate, it has different rules if a target airline is specified and I think they should be consistent, and even though. I wrote it looking at the code I am not sure I understand what was intended. I am thinking of something along the lines of 10 percent of the aircrafts value per week, looking at the current data only a handful of the current leases would be above that limit.

As I think about currently the system enforces that registration must be unique, but this might make a hole where VA's can get around that. Lease an aircraft, change the registration to something else, then the registration of another aircraft is changed to to the aircrafts previous code. When the lease ends the original aircraft is changed back and now we have two with the same code. Two ways to prevent is just now allow the leasing airline to change it or to not allow anyone to change to it if it's being reserved for a leased aircraft, I may do the latter.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

BVU-951
Flight Attendant

Post by BVU-951 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:02 am

I would prefer that the registration can't be changed.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:17 pm

Personally I am leaning to letting the leasing aircraft change the registration as real world airlines often do that, as long as it is changed back and nobody can go in and take the old registration code while the renters code is in place.

As an example, for some testing I leased an aircraft, cheapest one I could find was a DC-3 from your airline Alan where the is registration code is "ADDcgoD", which is a bit useless as it does not fit any nations code pattern.

I did do some digging in the database and found about 50 AC that have non unique codes and I will have to fix that at some point, not sure how they got in the system in the first place so will have to go searching for holes.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:31 pm

Personally and to keep the system simple, I would say if you want to change the registration number, go buy the aircraft instead of leasing one.

BVU-951
Flight Attendant

Post by BVU-951 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:43 pm

joefremont wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:17 pm

As an example, for some testing I leased an aircraft, cheapest one I could find was a DC-3 from your airline Alan where the is registration code is "ADDcgoD", which is a bit useless as it does not fit any nations code pattern.

ADD is the Hub airport code cgo lets us know its cargo and the D is the unique identifier