My wishes for the year 2020

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Ticket Agent

My wishes for the year 2020

Post by 280782 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:09 pm

WEB
- Change Google Maps (Pay) to OpenStreetMap (Free).
- Possibility of making donations or collaborating with the project.
- Create banners that users can use on their websites to advertise the project. Example: Airline Certified, other and different sizes.
- Empowerment events, showing some block of the FSA home page, community section with a calendar where we can be seen, and greater visibility in the crewcenter.

CLIENT
- Possibility of connecting the FSAirlines client to simulator by IP address, to allow run it from another computer (real cockpits).

XML INTERFACE and Website Integration Pack
- getBookableFuel: Estimated fuel of the book flight (based on an average of the last 10 flights with the same aircraft and airports)
- getAirportCom: To show radio frequencies (Approach, Tower, ATIS ...)
- getAirportNav: To show runways information (Runway, Length, Surface, ILS ID, ILS Freq, ILS Hdg)
- getReportProfile: To show the graph that is currently seen in the blackbox, where altitude, speed and time are displayed.
- getReportMap: To show the route done on the map, its currently seen in the blackbox.
- getAirlineMonitor: To show the map used in "Flight Monitor" where to see in real time the flights of the airline. If continue using Google Maps, the possibility of choosing KEY API of the users Google Apps account.

I take this opportunity to congratulate everyone for the year and wish FSAirlines to continue many more years. :D

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: My wishes for the year 2020

Post by joefremont » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:50 pm

Interesting ideas, the client by IP address would be a challenge, not sure how I would do that so it would be a lot of work.

I do admit I neglect the XML interface a bit and most of your ideas make sense, links to the graphs in the report would probably be easier than making it part of the XML interface but the Google Maps API key would be the key part, a way that VA's could register a google maps API key for there VA would probably be in order, as it is I have had to restrict the real API key to premium members to keep costs in line. But then I should get off my duff and actually find an alternative that does not cost as much.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

gcl
Ticket Agent

Post by gcl » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:13 pm

To have the client on a seperate PC would be really great!
I dont know the source of the client, but as a hint for the concept to build the remote functionallity you may want to have a look at littlenavmap (open source), it uses a proxy on the sim PC named littlenavconnect (https://albar965.github.io/littlenavconnect.html). May be, that could help you.

Vjacheslav
Flight Attendant

Post by Vjacheslav » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:48 pm

my desire was that it was possible to create flights through the XML interface.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:21 pm

Vjacheslav wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:48 pm
my desire was that it was possible to create flights through the XML interface.
That is one thing we won't do, unless we had a no finance option and the VA did not show up in statistics. I have had a hard enough problem holding the cheaters at bay and the client is my first line of defence. An XML interface to create flights would open up too many possibilities for mischief.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Vjacheslav
Flight Attendant

Post by Vjacheslav » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:10 am

Perhaps I didn't translate my wish correctly into English.
I meant if it is possible to create "Flight plan" with XML interface. Or is there a possibility to send a flight plan on FSA server from our website in the other way: Curl, POST, GET?
I understand the structure of the line which FSA server accepts now when new "Flight plan" is importing.
I would be very happy if there was an opportunity to create a flight plan by using the tools on VA websites. And to send the plan in the format that FSA server accepts.

If your answer was exactly about the impossibility of such actions, then I apologise for disturbing you.

Kindest regards,
Vyacheslav.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:39 am

I would like to see the cargo page search engine default to the maximum size of package the selected aircraft can haul. It currently defaults to the largest size available which only a couple of specialized aircraft can carry.

ep-irl
Ticket Agent

Post by ep-irl » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:18 pm

i would love to see the googlemaps flight monitor visable again, i understand the reason why, but maybe there is an alternative to googlemaps? open street map or Dafsim or littlenavmap etc

also i notice with regards to packages, that you cant see the distances of the packages from the airport the aircraft is currently in, in the All VA packages section, it only becomes visible when you book the flight and select packages that way.

shaneb777
Ticket Agent

Post by shaneb777 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:13 pm

Totally agree with missing flight monitor... hopefully this can be reinstated with one of the alternatives suggested.