Military Aircraft

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Should FSA allow VA's to operate Military aircraft?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:48 am

Yes, absolutely
50%
No, very bad idea.
10%
I have no opinion.
40%

Total votes: 10

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Military Aircraft

Post by joefremont » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:48 am

Up until now, FSA has only allowed aircraft that have actually entered service with an airline to be used. But we continually get requests along the line of "Can you please add the C-17". There are a number of military transports that either got civilian type certificates or where the manufacturer tried to market them to civilian airlines, but to which airlines were not interested in buying. These include the C-5A, C-141, C-17 and A400M. The reason the airlines were not interested was that the aircraft were too expensive to operate, also unlike the earlier aircraft of the 40's and 50's, usually the air forces that operated these aircraft used them until the air frames were worn out and were no longer safe to operate.

If we were to do this only transport aircraft that could have been sold to airlines but the airlines declined would be allowed, based on that the three american aircraft would be allowed but I am not sure on the A400M, as far as I know Airbus has not yet tried to market it. Combat aircraft would still not be allowed.

Since I keep getting these requests I though I would open up the topic for discussion and try to get as many opinions as possible. If there is a positive response to this I will poll all the members again before allowing it. Feel free to tell us what you feel on this subject.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Military Aircraft

Post by joefremont » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:55 am

For myself I voted "I don't care". Mostly I just want to make FSA as inclusive as possible. If more would join because we allow military aircraft than would leave I would be in favor, but I need to know what you think. Tell us your opinion.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Military Aircraft

Post by joefremont » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:37 pm

I announced the rule change as to what aircraft we allow but so far only one va has requested a military aircraft, (A C-5)