Pilots 'dead-heading'

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Pilots 'dead-heading'

Post by Quantum » Wed May 03, 2006 8:11 am

It's just a thought.............................

In the real world, if an airline has a route network with hubs and interconnecting flights between hubs, crew transfers are free. Could this be implemented at all here? If you operate a route between airports A and B, and you have a pilot that wishes to move between A to B it becomes a nil cost transfer. To avoid people creating a flightplan from A to B just to move a pilot, this could be stopped by having a delay - pilots cannot move for free until the route has been 'established' for a certain time period or a certain number of flights have been operated on said route. It could perhaps be another option on the 'buy a ticket' page where any free transfers available are shown, a bit like the 'book flight' page where only routes with a flightplan are available to you. Once a route becomes 'validated' it will appear and stay on the 'free crew transfer' list. If a pilot needs to move somewhere where you haven't got a route THEN you pay for the ticket.

Rgds

Q

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Wed May 03, 2006 1:13 pm

Hm, in this matter I originally wanted to include a Jumpseat-system where you can fly with other people who actually fly here on FlyNET (for free).
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Wed May 03, 2006 1:25 pm

I wanted to suggest it long time ago but I considered it of lesser importance in comparison to other features and bugs and I know you are already very busy.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

ricchio

Post by ricchio » Wed May 03, 2006 10:28 pm

I thought dead-heading was how it was done when I first started, but then I learned that a ticket must be bought. This is a good idea for a feature. :lol:

Ciao,
Aaron

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Wed May 03, 2006 10:45 pm

I agree... useful component to add in the future...

HS1

Post by HS1 » Thu May 04, 2006 4:22 pm

How about charging airlines a fixed fee when they open a new route? That way would more closely resemble the real-world operation of airlines.