New Stickies

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

New Stickies

Post by Quantum » Tue May 02, 2006 9:18 am

Hi,

I am new to FlyNet and would like to make a suggestion to make things easier for us new guys. Those of you who have been here for a while and have grown with the programme probably know things inside out but it is quite difficult for new guys. I almost had to employ a private investigator to try and find out how to really get started............................................

THIS FORUM

You have three categories : Flynet, Flynet beta and Virtual Airlines. May I suggest that Flynet/Flynet Beta are at the TOP. The very first topic should be a sticky on HOW TO GET STARTED......... Join VA or Start VA with a 'route' to tell you how to do it. How to 'make' a flight..........First you need an aircraft - lease/buy. Where do you lease? Very few options here! How to file your plan. How to check how many pax/frt you have before you leave. Basically some sort of a MANUAL! Next sticky should be the 'Rules of Engagement' ( :wink: ) - How you are penalised - taxi speed, landing lights on/off , max speed in the air etc. How you can get bonuses - Sim rate, anything else? Profit factor depending on VA 'worth' 1000x, 500x etc. All these things seem to be buried in forum threads and I don't know what is the 'latest' info/rules.

WEBSITE

What is the 'time-out' on the website? Even after very short flights I have to log back in to check finances etc. Can we have an 'auto log-in' tick box that remembers you for the main site? Leasing aircraft. Can the manufacturers have short term leases so VA's can 'try before you buy' ? There are very few aircraft available to lease from what I can see.

As I think of more things I will post here.

Rgds

Q[/b]

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Tue May 02, 2006 2:43 pm

The manual will be written when we are closer to having all features implemented. As of right now, a lot of the "HELP" and FAQ posts are obsolete, or sorely in need of an update, mainly because Konny has worked his tail off to upgrade FLYnet in the past month.

The website questions Ill let Konny adress

JJacobs

Post by JJacobs » Tue May 02, 2006 3:37 pm

we dont promote starting youwr own va, join one of the active ones that have a value over 500 million. Ionthan and Wardair along with Albatross are doing just fine except CAP & CAT kinda needs help :cry: which is mine :lol:

JJacobs

Post by JJacobs » Tue May 02, 2006 3:39 pm

Let me add, its not thayt we dont promote it its just that its rritating with all the one man vas that do nothing. And EXTREMLEY hard to get a good pilot

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Tue May 02, 2006 6:00 pm

That doesn't crash your airplanes! Luckily I have two very competent pilots.

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Wed May 03, 2006 1:20 pm

Well, I personally don't have the time to write a manual as long as the system itself isn't finished. But if anyone else could do that, I'ld really appreciate it. It would also be possible to set up some FAQs for each page of the website.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer