Slow server

Chat about anything here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

ruudopdeweegh
Flight Attendant

Slow server

Post by ruudopdeweegh » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:13 pm

Is there something wrong with the server perhaps? Normally the server is slow (10 sec to call the site, another 10 sec to login) but today it is a real disaster. Today it took 40 sec to load the site and 20 seconds to login. Every time I click for another page is as slow as a snail.... My goodness.... The user needs a lot of patience...
This is just to inform you, no more no less. I wonder how others experience the speed of the site..
And the Flynet signature does not show up at previewing this message
Regards,
Ruud.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: Slow server

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:00 pm

I think it's on your end. I'm having no difficulty accessing the site.

ruudopdeweegh
Flight Attendant

Post by ruudopdeweegh » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:34 pm

CAPFlyer wrote:I think it's on your end. I'm having no difficulty accessing the site.
I wrote it somewhere before: It is (almost) always the user's end to blame. But no again: the server is slow because of the number of users:
"Couldn't connect to database server: Too many connections"
Sometimes I receive this message or ot takes many minutes to get in.
And I can imagine you log in at a very quiet hour, but this time I try to login at 14:30z
Regards,
Ruud.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:12 pm

I was signed on at that time to the FlyNET server and had not problems with connection numbers. If it's congestion, it's on your end of the connection (i.e. the route between you and the FlyNET Server, not the server itself). You're right, you're on during a peak time, but if I can access the server from my end of the connection without problem, then it's not the server itself.

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:55 pm

It would appear to be affecting us Europeans.It is the School Summer Holidays over here.
Yours Stan

AdmiralRolfe
Captain

Post by AdmiralRolfe » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:56 pm

I've recieved the "Too many connections" error message too. It's also Summer Vacation for the US. The FlyNET website does seem a little bit slower than usual.
ImageImage

ruudopdeweegh
Flight Attendant

Post by ruudopdeweegh » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:11 pm

CAPFlyer wrote:I was signed on at that time to the FlyNET server and had not problems with connection numbers. If it's congestion, it's on your end of the connection (i.e. the route between you and the FlyNET Server, not the server itself). You're right, you're on during a peak time, but if I can access the server from my end of the connection without problem, then it's not the server itself.
Interesting.. My end of the connection counts the number of connection to Flynet server? If the route between me and the FlyNet server (not the server itself) is congested, the server says the number of connections is too big (too many) and still it is caused by the route between me and the server or not the server........
Very interesting!! I see it has no use to discuss furthermore about this...
Perhaps this is caused by my end of the connection as well.... booked a flight this morning. Want to fly 7 hours later... "No booked flight found" although when I login at http://www.fsairlines.net/ I booked a flight...
So this will cost money again from my personal account...
Regards,
Ruud.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:13 pm

Well that is a problem with booking a flight at the wrong site. FSAirlines.net and flynet.turksim.org are two different sites and are not connected. You booked a flight on FSAirlines, not FlyNET. That will not affect your personal account since that account on FSAirlines will be deleted and replaced with the (then) most current information from FlyNET when the transition is made to the new client.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:42 am

AdmiralRolfe wrote:I've recieved the "Too many connections" error message too. It's also Summer Vacation for the US. The FlyNET website does seem a little bit slower than usual.
same here... alot slower than normal...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

ruudopdeweegh
Flight Attendant

Post by ruudopdeweegh » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:58 pm

CAPFlyer wrote:Well that is a problem with booking a flight at the wrong site. FSAirlines.net and flynet.turksim.org are two different sites and are not connected. You booked a flight on FSAirlines, not FlyNET. That will not affect your personal account since that account on FSAirlines will be deleted and replaced with the (then) most current information from FlyNET when the transition is made to the new client.
It wasn't a typo I discovered. When I write http: / / flynet.turksim.org/ (spaces added on purpose) the URL automatically changes into http://www.fsairlines.net/ at least on my computer.
Regards,
Ruud.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:04 pm

ruudopdeweegh wrote:
CAPFlyer wrote:Well that is a problem with booking a flight at the wrong site. FSAirlines.net and flynet.turksim.org are two different sites and are not connected. You booked a flight on FSAirlines, not FlyNET. That will not affect your personal account since that account on FSAirlines will be deleted and replaced with the (then) most current information from FlyNET when the transition is made to the new client.
It wasn't a typo I discovered. When I write http: / / flynet.turksim.org/ (spaces added on purpose) the URL automatically changes into http://www.fsairlines.net/ at least on my computer.
We own both the fsairlines.net and fsairlines.org domains and they both point to the new server. At some point we may figure out something unique to do with the fsairlines.org domain but for now it just redirects you to fsairlines.net.

It should have nothing to do with the fact that we have overloaded flynet.turksim.org and as a result it has become slow.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.