Penalties Described

Topics that you should read and may help you in using flynet

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Penalties Described

Post by joefremont » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:03 pm

A pilot was asking of there was a place where all the penalties were described, I could not find a place where they all were so I created this.

Major Penalties

Crash 50%
- Note that the client does not determine if you have crashed, it just reads from the simulator that you have crashed, so don't complain about the client if you crash.

Wrong Airport 15%
- Landing at the wrong airport is very embarrassing for the airline so try not to do it. If your going to land at an airport that is not your official destination make sure that it is listed as a 'technical stop' on your route or that you have packages on board with that as your destination. If neither of those press the 'divert' button in the client.

Exhausted Fuel Supply 15%
- Running out of fuel while in flight is very bad and often will result in a crash, as pilot not running out of fuel ranks amongst your top priorities.

Minor Penalties:

Taxi Speed above 25kn 5%
- If you taxi for more than a minute with a grounds speed above 25kn you will get dinged.

250kn Speed limit Below 10000ft 5%
- Aircraft are required to stay below 250 kn when below 10,000 ft. But if the aircraft you are flying is marked in the database as a 'Heavy Jet' you can fly up to 300 kn for the first 30 minutes of your flight. Also see 'High Speed Disabled' below.

Hard Landing 5%
- Landing with a vertical speed of more than 600 fpm can damage both the aircraft and your passengers.

Low Altitude 5%
- If you are more than 5nm from either the departure or arrival airport and you have not pressed the divert button you must stay above 500ft ALG. In addition at some point in the flight you must exceed 1000ft ALG even if the departure and arrival airports are within 10nm of each other. The 500ft penalty does not apply if the source and destination airport are the same, but the 1000ft requirement still applies.

Warnings/Advisories:

Exceeded maximum landing weight 0%
- No reduction in rating but increased damage to landing gear and hull.

High Speed Disabled 5%
- If you are directed by an outside ATC system that you need to fly greater than 250kn you can press this button in the client and fly without fear of getting the 250 kn penalty. You get the same 5% reduction in rating, but we know you did it on purpose.

Penalties Disabled 10%
- If you would rather not worry about all the minor penalties you can turn on this in the clients 'options' page. Your rating is reduced by 10%, this is so all those pilots who take great pride in that they can get 100% ratings on all there flights are not competing against those who have just turned them off.

There are a couple other things that show up in the list of penalties and advisories that have a 0% reduction, these are just informational and are not considered penalties.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

AdySmith
Flight Attendant

Re: Penalties Described

Post by AdySmith » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:10 am

[quote]250kn Speed limit Below 10000ft 5%
- Aircraft are required to stay below 250 kn when below 10,000 ft. But if the aircraft you are flying is marked in the database as a 'Heavy Jet' you can fly up to 300 kn for the first 30 minutes of your flight. Also see 'High Speed Disabled' below.[/quote]

Ah, I thought it just ignored the speed limit for first * minutes, that's how I got an overspeed penalty in Concorde yesterday (it needs to go as fast as possible (400 KIAS as soon as possible particularly on the LHR BGI run) as soon as possible.

joseramonpuga
Ticket Agent

Post by joseramonpuga » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:56 pm

Good afternoon (Good morning in SFO)
I had a "hard landing" with a -329fpm vertical speed. What is the actual limit ? 500fpm or 300?

And in other ocasion, FSA has detected a -800fpm while our company blackbox has registered -218fpm, in this case I performed a steep approach in the last seconds of the flight just prior to touch down due to the landing strip being buried some feet with respect to the surrounding land. Cound be some time delay with the data ? (I was using the Fsuipc connection option in the FSA client)

Regards

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:03 pm

joseramonpuga wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:56 pm
Good afternoon (Good morning in SFO)
I had a "hard landing" with a -329fpm vertical speed. What is the actual limit ? 500fpm or 300?

And in other ocasion, FSA has detected a -800fpm while our company blackbox has registered -218fpm, in this case I performed a steep approach in the last seconds of the flight just prior to touch down due to the landing strip being buried some feet with respect to the surrounding land. Cound be some time delay with the data ? (I was using the Fsuipc connection option in the FSA client)

Regards
The client does check periodically and tries to use the last VS from before touchdown, between 10,000 and 2,000 ft agl it does it every second, below that it starts to go faster, up to 20 times a second if below 100 ft, but if you were to descend quickly it may not have the right VS at the very instant of touch down.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.