FSA: Getting Started Video

Topics that you should read and may help you in using flynet

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Cat
Chief Pilot

Re: FSA: Getting Started Video

Post by Cat » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:38 pm

Ahhhh OK, another feature I was unaware of.

so the "technical stops" feature does not have to involve packages at all.

Divert tab is used in case there is no "alternate" listed in technical stops.

Package drops can be made enroute to final destination without doing anything. Does this cover multiple stops? Say KSFO / KSLC / KORD / KBOS with the flight booked being KSFO KBOS. Just stop at KSLC and KORD with no actions needed in either the flight plan or the divert tab?

We have been creating individual flight routes all this time for multiple stop flights. Make a route for KSFO to KSLC, drop those packages, then make route and book flight again for KORD, drop those packages then make route and book for KBOS, the final destination.

One more question, if I stop along the way using auto divert, can I pick up more packages for places other than final destination? If so, will auto divert let me stop again along the way to deliver them? Say I stopped in KSLC and found packages for KBNA and then stopped there after KORD on the way to KBOS. [edited]: At some point the passengers are going to want refund/credit for unannounced stops as they bought a ticket "non stop" from KSFO to KBOS (unless those stops are published in the route under technical stops).

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:40 pm

Cat wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:38 pm
Ahhhh OK, another feature I was unaware of.

so the "technical stops" feature does not have to involve packages at all.

Divert tab is used in case there is no "alternate" listed in technical stops.
That's true, the two are separate but have the same effect.
Cat wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:38 pm
Package drops can be made enroute to final destination without doing anything. Does this cover multiple stops? Say KSFO / KSLC / KORD / KBOS with the flight booked being KSFO KBOS. Just stop at KSLC and KORD with no actions needed in either the flight plan or the divert tab?

We have been creating individual flight routes all this time for multiple stop flights. Make a route for KSFO to KSLC, drop those packages, then make route and book flight again for KORD, drop those packages then make route and book for KBOS, the final destination.

One more question, if I stop along the way using auto divert, can I pick up more packages for places other than final destination? If so, will auto divert let me stop again along the way to deliver them? Say I stopped in KSLC and found packages for KBNA and then stopped there after KORD on the way to KBOS. [edited]: At some point the passengers are going to want refund/credit for unannounced stops as they bought a ticket "non stop" from KSFO to KBOS (unless those stops are published in the route under technical stops).
Yes, packages can be picked up and dropped off along the way for both the automatic and manual diversions, but if say you have no packages for an airport and want to pick them up you then have to push the divert button first.

I have though about making a specific 'package' type flight that may start and end at specific airports but allows you to fly anywhere you wan't picking up and dropping off packages with no 'wrong airports' ever, but no generic cargo or passengers, but since there has not been much demand for such things I have not done so.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:29 am

OK thanks for the clarification.

I will get this done tomorrow for sure if not later tonight, it is important information that needs to be explained.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:49 pm

NEW VIDEO COMING SOON: BUYING AND OPERATING PERSONAL AIRCRAFT

Many pilots do not even know this feature exists. One can buy a "Sunday Flyer" and fly anywhere they want without any affect on their airline at all.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:59 pm

Personal Aircraft & Belongings Tutorial Video

https://youtu.be/Q8zP3VQHGo4

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:30 pm

NEW VIDEO: CREATING FLIGHT ROUTES To assist those VA owners who wish to delegate route creation abilities to others in their airline.

https://youtu.be/ro8bKIdfIE4

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:39 am

Cat wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:30 pm
NEW VIDEO: CREATING FLIGHT ROUTES To assist those VA owners who wish to delegate route creation abilities to others in their airline.

https://youtu.be/ro8bKIdfIE4
Very nice Sam, updated the first entry to include it.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:15 pm

Here we go the next installment in the Tutorial Series: Batch Loading Routes

https://youtu.be/asXiguwai6I

It went a little long - 16 minutes but I also reviewed what we did in the first Create Flight Routes video and covered some lesser known things like where do you find the FSA code for a specific aircraft.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:24 pm

Cat wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:15 pm
Here we go the next installment in the Tutorial Series: Batch Loading Routes

https://youtu.be/asXiguwai6I

It went a little long - 16 minutes but I also reviewed what we did in the first Create Flight Routes video and covered some lesser known things like where do you find the FSA code for a specific aircraft.
Nice, I added it to the main list.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:09 pm

New Video covers Automated Promotions and setting Type Rating by Rank is now posted in the top of this forum or you can get it here:

https://youtu.be/X4IJYQiduOk

Mesquaki
Ticket Agent

Post by Mesquaki » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:58 pm

Being new to FSA, my wife and I find these videos very helpful. Thank you for these, it is appreciated.