How to batch upload your Flightplans

Topics that you should read and may help you in using flynet

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

How to batch upload your Flightplans

Post by Quantum » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:55 pm

Hi,

Here's a quick "How to batch upload your flightplans" so that you don't come unstuck.

Please note, since I made this tutorial there has been a slight change to the format so PLEASE read the edit of 14th November which you will find at the end.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Step 1. Build your text file ready for upload

What does this lot mean? From left to right we have different 'fields' which insert values into the FlyNET database :

Flt No, Depart ICAO, Arrival ICAO, STD, STA, A/C ICAO, FlyNET A/C TYPE ID,Aircraft Registration, Sim Rate, Price, Flight Type, Route, Remarks, Days of operation

Each is seperated by a comma and there is no comma at the start each line. All fields from 'Flt No.' to 'FlyNET A/C TYPE ID' must be given an entry. For 'Sim Rate', 'Price', Flight type', 'Route', 'Remarks' and 'Days of Operation' you may leave these blank in which case certain default values will be assumed. If these fields are left blank, the commas are still there to seperate the values (blank in this case) which enables the database script to interpret the fields correctly.

Defaults values if no entry made:

Aircraft registration = selectable for any aircraft
Sim Rate = 1x
Price = Standard Ticket price
Flight Type = Scheduled
Route = Entry left blank
Remarks = Entry left blank
Days of operation = 1234567

As examples, I have made one flight (2) a training flight, on one flight (3) I left the days of operation blank and on two flights (4) I changed the days of operation. Note on days of operation you must make seven entries giving the number of the day which the flights operate and a 'dash' for the days that are not operated as per the examples. If you only wanted a flight on a monday then the entry would be 1------
Make sure at the end of your text file there are no extra 'invisible' lines created by a 'line feed', your cursor should 'blinking' be at the end of the last entry on the last line and using the forward arrow on your keyboard should have no effect..

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

2. Go to 'Flightplans' page

Select >> Import/Export flightplan

3. Import/Exprt Flightplan option

Select Import flightplan from : TXT file

4. Import Flightplan selection type

By default the 'Add to FP' button is selected and this will KEEP your existing flighplans and ADD them the flights you are about to upload. If you were to select 'Replace FP' this function will DELETE all existing flightplans and REPLACE them with the file you are uploading.

5. Browse to your upload file

6. Select the file for upload

7. Confirm filepath is correct

8. Hit the 'Upload' button

9. Update confirms

At this point, if there were any errors in your file then they would be reported here with the line number/s concerned. Only those flightplans that are correct and without errors will be uploaded. Make a note of which lines that are in error and try and fix them. If there are just a few lines from a large upload that are at fault it may be simpler to rebuild those that are at fault. Repeat the process to upload those lines that failed in the initial upload and better luck second time around.

10. Check the results

Check the results on your Flightplan page. You can see the effect the variations had on the actual entries on the flightplan page. The training flight (1) is correctly displayed. The flight (2)where I'd left the days of operation blank is correctly displayed as a daily flight. The flights (3 and 4) where I'd varied the days of operation show the correct days.

Where can I find the A/C Type ID Codes?

The screenshot below doesn't show the mouse cursor but it is actually hovering over the 'info' button for the Airbus A300-600. A url has popped up on the address bar below which I have 'magnified'. You can see the url which gives the aircraft ID number within it, which in this case is ID=84. It's just a quick and simple job to run your mouse over the info buttons of all your aircraft types that you need and then make a record of them somewhere.

EDIT : 14th November 2007 You can now lock a particular flightplan to a specific aircraft by registration if desired. Insert registration after aircraft type ID.

e.g. Flightplan locked to a/c reg G-ASPL

CBF7122,EGPD,EGPO,0730,0820,A748,162,G-ASPL,8x,,,,,1234567

e.g. Any A748 aircraft.

CBF7122,EGPD,EGPO,0730,0820,A748,162,,8x,,,,,1234567

This is a fantastic tool that Konny has given us and if you build your upload file carefully and correctly it will save you a huge amount of time.

Regards

John
Last edited by Quantum on Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

vaccaro
Captain

Post by vaccaro » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:41 pm

Great tutorial!
Just a question though (I'm in dumb mode) where do we find flynet a/c type ID?

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:06 pm

Hi,

At the moment it's part of the url when you select an aircraft type from the database. Each a/c has an aircraft type ID as well as an airframe specific ID. The airframe specific ID is assigned uniquely to each airframe in the database.

e.g. Boeing B777-300 :-

flynet.turksim.org/index.php5?status=aircraft_info_n&id=36&status2=logged&va=368&p=382

I've asked Konny if he can include the aircraft Tpye ID in the details page of the aircraft type or a page with all ID's on.

Rgds

John
ImageImage

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:24 am

I think those with FP Edit privaledges (i.e. CEOs and Managers) should have a page available to them that shows a list of Aircraft Name, ICAO, DB ID, & Range for the Aircraft Types list. I think this would be much easier to just have a "quick reference" when creating flightplans than to add to the public pages that already have a lot of information on them.

Miikoyan
Chief Pilot

Post by Miikoyan » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:40 am

nice guide m8...I saved valuable times on that which I spent on flying...

and I second the motion set by CAPFlyer

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:03 am

I've added an extra bit to guide users where they can locate the aircraft type ID's.

Rgds

John
ImageImage

IslandBum
Captain
Location: The middle of a bloody desert - surrounded by bright lights, long legged women and Paupers

Post by IslandBum » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:35 am

Chris

I think that would be an excellent idea as well - Im already using the batch method to clean up over at our gouse :0

Nice primer John.

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Venture Hawaii PLC

vaccaro
Captain

Post by vaccaro » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:21 pm

Thank you John :)

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:35 pm

Additional footnote added to incorporate the facility to lock a flightplan to a specific aircraft by registration if desired.

Rgds

John
ImageImage

Dave Albrecht
Ticket Agent

Post by Dave Albrecht » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:52 pm

Ok Having a Problem (probably a senior moment) but no matter how I make my line it always comes up with simrate out of range, even if I leave it blank. What am I doin wrong LOL
Here is an example of my line:

FLT1234,KAUS,YSSY,0930,1020,A388,394,8x,,,,,1234567

Looks just like the post but its still not workin, like I siad even if I leave the simrate blank.
Thanks in advance
Dave

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:20 am

Hi,

Looks like you've missed a comma between aircraft type ID and the sim rate, you have .................394,8x................ it should be ........394,,8x...............

The blank field between the type ID and the sim rate is if you wish to alocate a specific reg e.g. .........394,G-ABCD,8x.......... if no reg needs to be specified then you leave it out and it closes up the commas either side. See the footnote I added at the bottom of the tutorial.

Try that.

Rgds

John
ImageImage

Dave Albrecht
Ticket Agent

Post by Dave Albrecht » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:13 am

John,
Yep it was a senior moment :lol: . I did miss that comma. Thank you for being so timely on the response!
Now if I can just find the hair I pulled out it will all be good :lol:

Thanks again
Dave Albrecht

Miikoyan
Chief Pilot

Post by Miikoyan » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:27 pm

Nice Quantum, I really like it when you upgrade your guides.

Also Dave, a little hint for your banner..I see that you are using postimage, hence the bad quality....you dont need to do that. Just paste [img]your%20link[/img].
GoUS Executive Chairman
World Alliance Board of Directors

alpet

Post by alpet » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:39 pm

but if I want to check two types for route, how it will be looked with ID numbers? :shock:

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:57 pm

Hi,

In the aircraft ICAO you would put both ICAO codes seperated by a space, likewise in the aircraft ID you would put both ID numbers seperated by a space, e.g. :

CBF1234,EGSH,EGKK,0800,0900,TRID COMT,161 173,,8x,,,,,1234567

Both ICAO's for HS121 Trident 3 and the DH Comet 4 and their respective ID's have been entered with the space between.

Regards

John
ImageImage