Adding Aircraft and airports

Topics that you should read and may help you in using flynet

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Adding Aircraft and airports

Post by cmdrnmartin » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:34 pm

To submit a new aircraft, go to the aircraft types page once you are logged in.

Make sure you have on Hand:
Manufacturer
Type
ICAO
Passengers
Price
Dry Operating Weight [kg]
Max Take Off Weight [kg]
Normal/Econ Cruise Speed [kn]
Number of Engines
Important Note: The passenger value is the published Two Class seating arrangement for all Narrowbody Aircraft, Widebodies up to A330-300 use two class layout, Larger Widebodies three Class layout.

Do not try to add the Antonov 225. Do not edit the A380-800, it holds 525 passengers in a three class configuration.

All submissions are reviewed, so don't expect to see a five Dollar B747-100 anytime soon. :wink:

To submit an airport, go to the add airport section once logged in.

Have on hand:
Airport name
IATA
ICAO
City
Country
Lat ( degrees )
Lat ( minutes )
Lat ( seconds )
Lat ( N/S )
Lon ( degrees )
Lon ( minutes )
Lon ( seconds )
Lon ( W/E )
Altitude ( feet )
Runway lengths ( feet ) eg 3400 + 1234 + 7450
Last edited by cmdrnmartin on Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:22 pm, edited 6 times in total.

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:01 pm

BigQ wrote:Besides, if they don't enter service and we have them available... :lol:
Is there a good place to find the value of the aircraft somewhere? Or do we still need to use personal guess?
We have a good set of aircraft now to base your guess on, as finding definitive prices is difficult. Look at the Passengers, the Range, and the Age of the aircraft. The age is important, as well as the manufacturer. For example, if you take a look at our current list, you will see that for the same price as a A320something or other, you could get a 707-320, cpable of going New York to Rome, with 146 pax. That's none to shabby! As well, there's several russian aircraft, including the Widebodied IL-86 and IL-96, which go for signifigantly less than comparable airframes. The age is important too, the A300-B4 or -600 is a real steal, because of its age. It's probably the best value for money for NAT track flights.

Anyways, as a general guideline, find a similar aircraft, and then using your judgement, reduce or increase the price based upon the age and the manufacturer. And Konny, please, make my Boeing 777-300ER worth what I payed for it! it's the most expensive aircraft in the world today, more than a B747-400. PLus I like my aircraft to be at the top of the Price board, maybe Wardair is a bit like Singapore Airlines... Then again, we use the old 763 and 753...

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:41 pm

REMINDER: Non-cargo aircraft need to have the cargo space reflect the maximum cargo weight in PASSENGER configuration and in KILOGRAMs.

I have changed and denied a large number of edit requests in the last few days because someone continues to add very inflated cargo space data for aircraft.

A 737-200 for example was added with nearly 40,000KG of payload. That is incorrect. A 737-200 (per the United Cargo website and several other sources) can carry around 5000KG.

Remember this if you're in the US 1KG = 2.2LB, so when you put in a value, a quick double check is to double your KG to get a rough estimate of how many pounds that will equal out to.

Also, please be aware, the "Maximum Payload" that is expressed in several detailed characteristics documents found around the web (particularly from Boeing) is NOT how much cargo it can carry. It is how much payload total. This includes passengers, catering, cargo, and baggage. That is the number I found entered on several of the aircraft. This amount would be appropriate (roughly) as the payload for a cargo-only configured aircraft, but it is not appropriate for a passenger-configured aircraft.