BATCH UPLOAD PRICING WARNING!

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Cat
Chief Pilot

BATCH UPLOAD PRICING WARNING!

Post by Cat » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:32 pm

I just made a new video showing people how to batch upload routes using notepad and now the system has a pricing issue. When I left the field blank, it posted prices in the $800-900 range on flights that should have cost $85-125. :shock:

Joe: I sent you a support ticket with flight numbers so you can look at it. This has never ever happened to me and I upload batches of routes all the time.

:idea: NOTAM: I strongly urge everyone to double check ALL batch uploaded routes you have done lately and make sure your prices are what you want.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: BATCH UPLOAD PRICING WARNING!

Post by joefremont » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:15 am

interesting, I will look into that.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:52 pm

After jumping through a gazillion hoops to get the web version of EXCEL to actually work, I tried to upload the same routes from EXCEL with the prices removed and got an error "column count wrong" for every line. EXCEL is just a huge PITA for me and I can't even figure out how to save it as a CSV file. Trying to upload from EXCEL file gets the "column count wrong, skipped" error for every line, even with a number in the prices column.

I know "change is usually for the good" but in this case if the system is no longer backwards compatible to those of us who work with notepad files, it is not for the overall good.

My last notepad batch upload that was fine with pricing was done on 3-14-2020. So that gives you a two week window to look into. It still has the problem today with notepad (I just tried). If I put a "0" or "-1" in the notepad field for price, it sees that as a dollar value.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:02 pm

I don't use excel much but when I do, usually through a work provided copy, ever version seems to change to change the menu's around so much its hard to find anything.

Sam I think you should look for is a free open source product called LibreOffice, its a fork of a product called OpenOffice. It was created by the people who originally created OpenOffice but were not happy that Oracle had just bought the rights to it.

Anyways, you might try it, I find it easier to use that the various flavors of excel.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:30 pm

ahhhh thanks,

We use Google Sheets for all of our Fly Vegas stuff. It is fast, easy and allows pilots and anyone on our website to "view only" and they see changes in real time as those sheets are updated. Google Sheets allows us to import data from other Google Sheets as well so all of our aircraft finance sheets are linked to our Master Ledger and when we add a new entry to any aircraft log sheet, the data in the Ledger adjusts accordingly.

We track the history of every airplane from day 1 and include all service intervals, pilot landing rates, who flew the aircraft when, etc. I know FSA does pretty much the same thing in the aircraft data page but our sheets give pilots and admins a quick "full page" view of what's going on. Many people think we are just bat crap crazy to keep manual financial records but a few of us are bean counter nuts AND our cross check documents have exposed a few glitches in the FSAirlines system we were able to point out that you have since fixed. 8)

I tried to narrow your troubleshooting down as much as I could, not sure what else I can do now but if there is something, please let me know and I'll run any test you need. Nothing else going on with most of the world closed down..

EDIT: Oh BTW I tried it without the fleet assignment and the pricing issue remains so it's not tied to that. The random numbers don't even match for return routes to the hub either. KDTW-KSPI is showing $902 out and $823 back. The actual standard price is $94. FYI the non-priority package rate for a single 441 package KDTW-KSPI is $661. So maybe somehow the package system is involved? 661 is closer to 902 than 94 is LOL

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:14 pm

Ok, this should be fixed. Problem was when I reworked this page a little while ago, trying to make it so that if someone uses an ICAO code that is different than our normal, into the function that calculates distance, for one airport instead of giving lat,lon as in input I give lon,lon. Not going to give the correct number obviously.

I did make a change where before if you left price blank it would calculate, I changed it so if 0 (or less) is there it will recalculate.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:18 am

Yup works great now, thank you sir!

I will redo the video tomorrow with the updated information about putting a 0 in the price field for all batch uploads.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:26 am

Sounds great Sam, Just to be clear blank, 0 or -1 (or less) will all cause it to recalculate. Before todays change it was just blank.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:21 pm

Got it! I just ran a test with all three of those and confirm. So today I will make a new Creating Flight Routes - Batch Loading video and should have it published sometime this afternoon and posted to the video topic.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:37 pm

Hey thanks again for the LibreOffice tip, it loads fast and is excellent. I will include it in my video.

While we are on the subject of the batch loading data, are you aware that column H is empty and has the header AC_ID?

Column G actually contains the AC_ID data but has a header title of ACDB_LIST. The Aircraft Database Code is in Column F.

It may be more hassle than worth to fix that, I'm just giving you an FYI. I just want to make sure the information we provide on these videos is 100% accurate at time of production.

In fact, a disclaimer at the top of the video's may be in order to the tune of something like: "The information provided is accurate at the time of production of the video. As FSAirlines evolves, some information may become outdated. The goal of these video's is to help our newest members get up and flying and using the system with as little difficulty as possible. If you detect any outdated information, please let Sam know via the youtube comment section. Thank You & Happy Flying!" EDIT: I am going to start adding that to my video slides, no need to post in forum. ;)

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:07 pm

the AC_ID column is for routes where only a single aircraft is allowed to fly it, so for the most part that column will be empty.

I will definatly add your disclaimer to the top of the how too video section.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:33 pm

AHA! Wow I am glad I waited for you to explain that. Thank you again, now time to go to work on this video!

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:49 pm

Video is posted, this topic is now obsolete, feel free to delete it at your discretion sir. 8)

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:17 am

Flight Route Batch Loading pricing bug is back! If you use ,, ,0, or ,-1, for the value in the price field, the price comes back at v$0. Support Ticket on this submitted 4-17-20.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:28 am

this feature has been more trouble that its worth. I really had forgotten that Konny implemented this many years ago and when someone said the % or zero or -1 price did not work I should have said it had been removed.

But now its fixed and sorry for getting annoyed over this.