Constant 4 hours bug

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

BigQ

Constant 4 hours bug

Post by BigQ » Mon May 01, 2006 6:24 am

Hey Konny.
I noticed this problem, and am kinda pissed off because I would like to fly during my sleep as much as possible.
The client keeps on crashing approximately 4 hours after it was started... Tonight I only got to do 2 hours of flying because the first two hours I was watching TV and then forgot about it. It happens everytime I fly for too long after about 4 hours? could there be a bug limiting the time of activity of the client?
I'd really like to do all of my flights on real-time...

Can anybody relate to this?

Also, I could send you my log file if needed...

XR219

Post by XR219 » Mon May 29, 2006 11:41 pm

Hi Guys,

Newbie here. But I have the same problem with various aircraft and various routes. Any flight beyond a few hours, after I touchdown and hit the parking break, I check the client and it has hung (Task manager reports it as not responding) There are plenty of other guys on our VA who can manage the long flights, so it must be something to do with my config.

I have a fully registered version of FSUPIC, and (to the best of my knowlegde) the only other thing that is using FSUPIC while I'm flying VA is FS Nav.

I'll be happy to feed back anymore detailed information if this would be helpful. If someone could let me know what information would be helpful, I'd happily send it on.

Thanks for a great product... it has rekindled my FS Flying! :D

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Tue May 30, 2006 12:21 am

Allrighty, welcome in our gang!

Try this:

Do a search on your computer, and find the file "flynet.ini". Open it with wordpad, change the "tracker" value from "1" to "0". Save it, and then try it... it stopped my problem...

XR219

Post by XR219 » Tue May 30, 2006 12:37 am

Cheers BigQ. I'll give it a go. also noticed that my FSUIPC was slightly out of date, so updated that too. Have you any idea what this value does?

Thanks again,

Ben. :D

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Tue May 30, 2006 2:47 am

that value is the tracker. it sends the signal to the flynet website telling it where you are in your flight -- its for the flight monitor map.

changing the value to 0 stops that operation, so when (or if) something times out, it will send the flight report only when you click " end flight" at the end of the flight. Basically the flight won't show up on it, but it will work as it is supposed to be...

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Tue May 30, 2006 2:50 pm

Hm, maybe a log.out from such a 4h-flight could help ;-)
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Tue May 30, 2006 3:37 pm

Ok, i'll do one as soon as i have free time