NOTE TO DATABASE ADMINS

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

BigQ

NOTE TO DATABASE ADMINS

Post by BigQ » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:18 am

Please note that tonight I added Williamtown, NSW, Australia to the database, but it was already there... Now if you click for that airport, there are two airports on the same page. Could you please fix that, and double check all submissions in any field (aircraft, airports) before accepting anything? I do my best to check that i do not resubmit the same airport, i missed this one...

Also, it would be nice to have all aircraft with their builder's name written all in the same way. For example, all cessna model names starting with a "c" --C182 instead of 182), or Dehavilland DHC-8-400 instead of Dash 8-400, and DC-3 instead of DC3, and make all embraers (except the 120) ERJ-xxxxx.

I think we could use a bit of cleanliness...

Thanks!

Q

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:08 am

Actually, I won't change the ERJs. The 170 and 190 have had the "ERJ" nomeclature dropped from them. They are not the Embraer 170 and Embraer 190. If you want I can add "EMB" to the beginning, but they are no longer "ERJ". Also, I do try to maintain them on a common name (We had Beech, Beechcraft, and Raytheon at one point and I made them all Beech since they are all Beech legacy aircraft), but I'm not the only one doing edits so I can't always control it.

As for the database, I added that one without checking and I apologize. Mainly with airports because of the amount of time it takes, I just verify that everything is entered in the correct format and trust those making the entries to have done their research right. The only one I changed tonight was someone edited London Heathrow and was showing 3 runways. The "crosswind" runway has been removed from service and is now Taxiway "A", so I deleted their entry for the third runway since it doesn't exist anymore and tweaked their lengths slightly as their conversion from feet to meters was off a bit from the current charts which I happened to have out when I did the check for an online flight I'm planning for my days off.

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:36 pm

Allrighty, thanks!

And here's a great site for my airport addition. Should help you with checking those airports.

www.fallingrain.com/world

It's a full database, and its very thorough, so hope it helps...