What should be done when the client 5.0 bugs are fixed?

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

What do you suggest?

Poll ended at Wed May 03, 2006 11:41 pm

Leave it as it is...
76%
Return to a complete pre-release levels
12%
Return to pre-release aircraft only - but keep funds
No votes
Return to pre-release funds - keep the aircraft
6%
Other
6%

Total votes: 17

BigQ

What should be done when the client 5.0 bugs are fixed?

Post by BigQ » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:41 pm

If you selected "other", please define.

I think that we should go back, just for the sake of not having huge airlines, and huge airlines being in the hole.
Then again, what about the new airlines, created since client 5.0 came out? they're have to be kept at the same level as they are now...

I think this is an important issue, because from this we either have winners or losers... might be a good thing though...

Ionathan
Captain

Re: What should be done when the client 5.0 bugs are fixed?

Post by Ionathan » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:55 pm

BigQ wrote:Then again, what about the new airlines, created since client 5.0 came out? they're have to be kept at the same level as they are now...
Isn't this unfair for an old airline somewhere in the middle of the list (in terms of financial value) being reset to what it was before and then a new VA with only 1 week presence and not more than 15 flights be in the same position?

My suggestion is to keep things as is and correct those airlines' budget who suffered from the negative pireps due to overflow. It is not difficult to identify them as they have already reported it and it is easy to cross check them.

On the other hand we have all received or tried to receive benefit from the Client 5.0 not in terms of exploitation but just flying as we would do anyway, nothing wrong with this. This is why I am not in favour of a reset.

In addition even the possibility of such a reset, even as a possibility in our minds, will cause more problems as we would not know what to do: (a) fly with the possibility to be reset and then see all our flying hours with v5.0 go in vain or (b) not fly but wait with the possibility not to reset and then see our airlines surpassed by others who continue flying in a rather profitable FlyNet as it is currently. It seems like a lucky game and I would not like to see FlyNet as such.

The way I see things is rather similar to what Justin mentioned which is we fly in FlyNet even if it happens to be buggy and take precautions to avoid overflows flying passenger flights to distances of up to 1500nm, not a rule but a suggestion. Don't forget the previous client (v4.0) was not accepted by FlyNet members and was the reason of many VAs to suspend their operations, if we enter now into a new "suspension" period with v5.0, it will be too much and we don't know how many of the existing VAs will be here after. Some good, important and active VAs have already abandoned FlyNet depriving FlyNet of some really nice and honored people, as know some of them, and the reasons are obvious.
Some people would accept a reset when we end the beta period and go gold but I am sure very few would be happy with one more reset within the beta period. It creates feelings of strong insecurity not knowing what comes next and if it wirth to spend your time flying and managing. Similar discussions for many decisions have been done here before and I can assure that such vagueness about the future, not knowing what comes next or what decision would radically change the place where we practice our hobby, becomes frustrating after some time. At least this how I feel and I believe I am not the only one.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines