another flyNET client Problem

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Matthew
Captain

another flyNET client Problem

Post by Matthew » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:59 pm

twice this has happened now, I started a flight from BRS to VAL, and after about 1 hour 15 minutes in flight a screen pops up saying that the flyNET client has encountered a problem and needs to close, so that twice i have started that flight and not completed it.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

:D :D :D :)

LTPug

Post by LTPug » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:30 am

Same here , I have the same problem did it with three flights. What the hay howdy hay is going on!!!!! Very disappointed!!!

www.virtualcia.org

Post by www.virtualcia.org » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:33 am

I've had crashing problems myself.

Once on landing approach and another during mid-flight. I also have another pilot in my group having the same FlyNET crashing problem.

www.virtualcia.org

Mark UKD171

Post by Mark UKD171 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:41 am

After many (and I mean MANY) problems with the client crashing I found the cause - at least for most of the crashes.
In fact, until it just happened on my last flight I thought i'd cured it. :cry:

I have been running FS9 on 1 pc and the Flynet client on a 2nd PC - the two communicating via WideFS.
I found that if the FS9-PC was interrupted the client would reboot the client-PC at the next stage of flight, ie from cruise to descent, descent to touch-down, etc.

My definition of interruption includes anything from using a menu to change a graphic option or starting FSNavigator for the 1st time. The FS9-pc would continue as normal but the client-pc would reboot meaning i'd have to start again.

I got around this by starting FSNavigator before starting the client (opening FS Nav a 2nd or 3rd time doesn't cause a pause, just the 1st time) and of course, not touching the FS menus once started! :)

Anyway - I dont want to be negative about it because it is a beta version after all and it's a great little program and it is getting better with each release.
I haven't said this yet on this forum so:
Thanks very much to all involved with developing it and long may it continue :wink:

LTPug

Post by LTPug » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:22 am

Thought perhaps that it was FSNAV flew the flight doing manual nav and still cashed

pete999

Post by pete999 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:21 am

Moderator EDIT: Do not call out the staff, we will respond to problems, but insulting us will just get you in trouble.

-the Mods.

Mark UKD171

Post by Mark UKD171 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:51 am

Hi Pete,

I get the impression its not just Konny who can help you so if put out a help message to anyone and everyone you may get more response.
I dont know Konny but he probably has a job to do, maybe a family to look after, do the shopping etc :D and this is done in his spare time, so really we all need to be a little more patient when waiting for a reply, no matter how frustrating it can be.

Anyway if I can help:
are you the ceo? if not ask him the following, or if you are the ceo - try the following:

try creating another account with the same va and log in with that - at least you can then fly. If that works ask 'someone' to transfer your money/hours/logbook to the new account (delete the old one afterwards).
if you cant logon maybe your password is wrong/corrupted.

suck eggs time:
make sure your va has a plane and a route.
make sure your type rated to fly the plane.
book the flightplan and plane
make sure your at the same airport as the plane
get flightsim up and running, setup how you like it
finally - start the client.

hope that helps in some way :wink:

pete999

Post by pete999 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:00 pm

Hi Martin

Thanks for that but it still doesnt work just says

Login data incorrect

And i have flights booked so im going to lose money!!!

Can anyone help!!!

Pete

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:13 pm

Sorry guys, for the delay. I just didn't have the time to care about FlyNET the last two days. I know that this can be very anoying for you, expecially immediately after a release, when new bugs appear.

Well, apart from pete999 everyone's client here just crashes after some period of time and you get a windows error message. Guess you didn't have the problem with the old 0.4.0b, so could you please send me your log.out files after a crash and tell me if you use any other FS software during flight.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

pete999

Post by pete999 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:16 pm

So wot do i have to do. Mine dnt even work!!!!!!!

pete

pete999

Post by pete999 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:18 pm

Sorry for posting twice. but i have lost alot of money from canceling flight that people told me to do to see if it works> caan i get some back if possible. Also my fiances said that i lost 300,000v$ on a flight which has even been done wot is the promblem here and can i have it back :cry:

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:32 pm

Yep, you can get your money back. And though I don't think it will be a great help, could you please send me your log.out, too ?
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:17 pm

Client has crashed on two of my past 4 flights as well, the most recent being okay so would sending the log.out do anything?

pete999

Post by pete999 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:24 pm

One of my pilots cant add any fuel it just say full!!!

Can anyone help!!

Pete

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:41 pm

check that it is the correct amount of fuel that he wants to add, check that it is the correct plane (although that shouldn't be the problem)

I really can't help you much more, that sounds like one of our very early bugs springing back to life again.