Cargo?

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

JJacobs

Cargo?

Post by JJacobs » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:56 am

Why doesnt my C172 carry any cargo? In real life it can carry 300 lbs (thats 136kg for the db) So if if its a database problem I just gave you the info.

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:44 pm

Thanks for the info, the database entry should be updated.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

Mark UKD171

Post by Mark UKD171 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:03 am

The Embraer E170 is listed in the database with a cargo capacity of 1,000kg.
Whenever we fly it, it is usually full of pax but never has any cargo.
Do we have to do something to enable it to carry cargo?

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:46 pm

The client is set so that when there is full pax, no cargo is put on board...
If you want to do cargo flights, you have to either:
1)create a database entry for a stricly-cargo aircraft
2)you could raise the price of the tickets really high so that you have less passengers and more cargo...

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:08 pm

BigQ wrote:The client is set so that when there is full pax, no cargo is put on board...
If you want to do cargo flights, you have to either:
1)create a database entry for a stricly-cargo aircraft
2)you could raise the price of the tickets really high so that you have less passengers and more cargo...
No it's not, I get cargo put on my fuill pax flights all the time. I believe theres more sinister forces at work here...

Mark, just to satisfy my curiosity, buy the Embraer 170 off of me (for 500 000$) and fly with that one, just to satisfy a question I had in my head.

Mark UKD171

Post by Mark UKD171 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:19 pm

I dont see an E170 for sale at that price - did someone else get it? :)

Like yourself, I have flown many flights with full pax and still have cargo on other planes (eg. BAe 146). Just not the Embrear :(

Mark UKD171

Post by Mark UKD171 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:32 pm

Hi, I have been testing several other types and found it's not just the Embraer 170 that wont load cargo.
The Saab 340B and ERJ-145ER suffer the same problem.
I submitted the data for the Saab340B at the same time as the 340 Combi - and the Combi works just fine.
That may be a clue for whoever updated the database with those details, maybe you did something different?

I'm enjoying the flights wether they make money or not 8)

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:42 pm

The ERJ works for me... at least i think so...

Mark UKD171

Post by Mark UKD171 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:32 am

http://flynet.en-studios.de/index.php?l ... 0c48bac9e7

There are 3 different versions of the ERJ145. Ours is the ERJ-145ER.

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:33 am

Same here. I have noted that my 145ERs don't carry cargo either...

Mark UKD171

Post by Mark UKD171 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:46 pm

A note to aid in fault diagnosis: (forgot to mention it before)

The Saab 340 Combi is in the database exactly as I sent the stats - ie not edited, and the client generates cargo for it.
The Saab 340B is in the database but the cargo figure has been changed from my submission - ie edited, and the client doesn't generate cargo for it.

I have no idea how the submitted data is entered into the database (and if it's a simple cut and paste then above is probably just coincidental), but it does raise some interesting questions.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:58 am

Mark UKD171 wrote:A note to aid in fault diagnosis: (forgot to mention it before)

The Saab 340 Combi is in the database exactly as I sent the stats - ie not edited, and the client generates cargo for it.
The Saab 340B is in the database but the cargo figure has been changed from my submission - ie edited, and the client doesn't generate cargo for it.

I have no idea how the submitted data is entered into the database (and if it's a simple cut and paste then above is probably just coincidental), but it does raise some interesting questions.
I checked these entries, and I did edit your entry before approving it because it was off from the certified payload available. However, I've done that for many aircraft before approval and none of the others have come up with issues, so that is not the problem.

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:31 am

There something not mentioned I believe. Although I can recall Konny saying that the ICAO code of the aircraft does not have an impact on different configuration aircrafts sharing the same ICAO code (e.g. B744 may be Boeing 747-400, Boeing 747-400ER, -F and -ERF) I thing it is not 100% correct.

Here is what I witnessed. I have bought some Airbus A310-304ET Cargo which have ICAO Code A310 and cost 74 millions each and this was initialy depicted in each of my aircrafts' value.
After my first flight with one of those I noticed the value of the aircraft I used was increased to 92 millions.
Checking the database I found out that Airbus A300B2/B4 which actualy costs 92 millions and is hgher in the database (sorted alphabetically) also had ICAO Code A310 which is wrong and so I edited the aircraft to A300. Since then I haven't used my A310-304ET Cargo aircrafts so I don't know if they will change back to their correct value but I think we have something here. If the ICAO Code is referenced that way we should do something for aircrafts of the same ICAO Code but different price.
Maybe it has an impact to the cargo space as well. Not sure.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:13 am

My previous comment regarding ICAO Codes is confirmed. I did a cargo flight yesterday as I wanted to use the same aircraft A310-304ET Cargo and now that the ICAO Code of the A300B2/B4 is corrected, my used A310's value returned back to 74 millions which is correct. Let's just keep in mind this when we edit the ICAO Codes.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:57 am

Seems like the client still differs the aircrafts by their ICAO-Code. Thanks for the hint, I'll check that.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer