My pilot is a *******moron! LMAO

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

recce

My pilot is a *******moron! LMAO

Post by recce » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:28 am

Okay! One of my piltos informed me that his client crashed while flying. You really should check the flightplan on this one! an income of 69MILL!!!! LMAO. Feel free to correct this. In fact please correct it. This is a pretty big glitch. He's running windows 2000 on a laptop. The specs: 1Ghz Pentium 3 mobile process 256 RAM and a 16 MB integrated graphics card. He's running it with FS2002. Maybe this is the source of the problem?

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:51 pm

Huh, that is really weird. Actually, I think the client crashed when he set the parking brake at the destination aiport. Otherwise there wouldn't be any flight report. And it seems like the client had problems connecting to the database. That could be one reason for the crash, and it explains why the status of the aircraft is still in "flying" state. Though, I really have no clue why the ticket price was set to 5949v$.

Maybe it's also a problem with his laptop. Is anyone else here running FlyNET on a Windows 2000 machine ? Or anyone having a <1 Ghz CPU ? The FS2002 could be a reason for the crash, but not for the $69m income. And I don't believe its the FS2002, there hasn't changed very much in the FS2004 interface.

Anyway, I have some things in mind which MAY have caused this bug, stay tuned for the next release. Maybe he could do some more short flights, to check if the problem always appears.
Thanks, I'll reset your airline's budget soon.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:46 pm

I am the pilot whose flight went kaboom. It has been 14 hours and the aircraft is still "flying" LOL. I have to admit that the 5949v$ ticket is the funniest part...

So, in your opinion, I should not have the parking brake set when i load the client?

If it can help, here's what i believe i did in order last night:
Boot FS2002
Set flight, load flight, shut engines
ALT TAB
load client up to the "refuel" part (where it crashed - was shown as "not responding")
Made the flight
Shut off FS 2002
Still was marked as unresponsive
waited, then it became responsive and i clicked end flight...

- now that i'm thinking about it, i loaded the flight on FS2002 with full fuel... could that have done anything?
Also, I have downloaded some add-ons (mainly aircraft and scenery) for it, mostly in past 2 weeks...

Any ideas?

Adrien Quenneville
Pilot, Ontario Air Service

recce

Post by recce » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:02 pm

Adrien the aircraft and sceneries are seperate. They shouldn't have affected it. You had told the program you were flying a 208 correct? That's also what you flew. Therefore it's not the downloading issues.

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:37 pm

Could it be that our planes are 208 Grand Caravans, and I flew with the default FS2002 Caravan amphibian?

I'm just trying to include as many possibilities for the debugging to be easier

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:11 am

No, the aircrafts aren't even checked currently. Actually, you can fly with whatever aircraft you want and FlyNET won't notice ;-)
For me, it sounds like your system is kinda overstressed with FlyNET running. Guess, I need to make efficiency a higher priority :oops:
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:14 am

Well, i tried another flight a couple of hours ago, removing some background programs for the computer to run more smoothly...

It worked, the client did not freeze (although it almost did :p) and my flight was logged properly...

Thanks for the advice!