Departure Time

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

jch5pilot
Ticket Agent

Departure Time

Post by jch5pilot » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:36 am

Hello,

May not be a bug, but thought it might be worth posting anyway!

I have noticed that the flynet client logs the departure time when you rotate during takeoff rather than your off blocks time (commencing push and start or commencing taxy). Is this deliberate? As usually all flight times are logged from blocks off to blocks on.

The client seems to log the time you start taxying, but then it changes that time and the takeoff time to the same figure - the time of rotation; thus making the block times inaccurate, especially if you end up with a taxi-out time of 10-20 minutes which is normal in the real world at many airports.

Regards,

James

AdmiralRolfe
Captain

Re: Departure Time

Post by AdmiralRolfe » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:38 pm

Some people can probably cheat off some time by just leaving the plane on the ramp. It doesn't do much, but it might increase your hours in your signature. I guess this is simply a precautionary.
ImageImage

jch5pilot
Ticket Agent

Post by jch5pilot » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:23 pm

Hello,
Some people can probably cheat off some time by just leaving the plane on the ramp
They probably could, but I cannot see the advantages of it as they would use up more fuel just waiting around on the ground, costing them more in the long run. If they logged a time of 5 hours to do a 300nm flight in an A320 then I'm sure somebody would notice something is wrong there.

It was only a suggestion anyway as I think it would be more 'realistic' logging the block to block times, while also giving a true representation of the actual hours and block to block time as far as flight planning goes for the schedules etc.

If people wanted to cheat the system then they might as well go ahead and do it, they will only reduce their own enjoyment of flynet I would of thought.

James

AdmiralRolfe
Captain

Post by AdmiralRolfe » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:21 am

True. I think it's more realistic than the current system. We just have to see what the admins think :wink:
ImageImage