Profit calculation

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Jos Gielen
Ticket Agent

Profit calculation

Post by Jos Gielen » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:20 am

Hi,

I did a search but couldnt fin'd the answer to my problem.
In order to raise my profits and to make things easier for my (future) pilots I made a profit calculator in Excel.
The idea is simpel: just type in the ticket price, number of passengers, cargo income, pilot salary percentage and multiplier and the sheet calculates your flight income.
So far I've got everything right, in fact, as long as there's no bonus my calculations are the same as the after flight reports say, to the dollar.
The only thing I couldn't figure out was how the bonus is calculated. I searched this forum and the only thing I found out was that the bonus is given when using a little to no time acceleration. I always fly without accelleration so I should get a lot of bonus.
It's not crucial for my calculation, since I only use it to calculate how much fuel I can buy and still make a profitable flight, but since I've got the rest right, I would like to get the last piece perfect.
So the question is: how is the bonus calculated?

TIA,

Jos (CEO - Dutchair)

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Re: Profit calculation

Post by flightsimer » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:15 pm

the bonus is just for time compression... the more time compression you use, the less "bonus" you get...

i cant remember or find the topic i believe i started that someone had what level gives you what percent, but cap, or another moderator might know it...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:59 pm

The bonus values are:

1x = 20%, 2x = 10%, 4x = 5%, 8x and 16x = 0%.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Jos Gielen
Ticket Agent

Post by Jos Gielen » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:17 am

Aaaah, is it really that simpel!!!!
Should have seen that myself, it makes it easy than, since we do all our flight x1!

Thanks

dakoda1994

Profit calculation

Post by dakoda1994 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:40 pm

25000 in income from cargo and pax. we did not buy gas. it was from kdfw to katl and with a 1000x in wound of been a 25000000 flight in s 727-200 and the flynet client it said we did not made any money.
help please?

dakoda1994
manager of capitol ,flight OPs ,and flight plans
Global Transport
acedakoda1994@yahoo.com

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:08 pm

dakoda1994 wrote:25000 in income from cargo and pax. we did not buy gas. it was from kdfw to katl and with a 1000x in wound of been a 25000000 flight in s 727-200 and the flynet client it said we did not made any money.
help please?

dakoda1994
manager of capitol ,flight OPs ,and flight plans
Global Transport
acedakoda1994@yahoo.com
Would that be this flight http://flynet.turksim.org/index.php5?st ... 5817&p=410, not sure if the client showed the correct amount or not, I have never seen it do that, but regardless, it recorded the flight correctly.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.