Scenery/Terrain constantly reloading

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Alky
Ticket Agent

Scenery/Terrain constantly reloading

Post by Alky » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:38 am

I've tried 3 times now to fly VHHH to YSSY in a B772. All is normal till a short time after reaching cruising altitude. Then FS9 starts to reload scenery and terrain every few seconds, shortly after that the client crashes and the flight is no longer being monitored... but... the constant reloading of scenery and terrain stops and the flight is smooth & normal. Shutting down FS9 since there's no point continuing, I go to the VA site and it's like the flight never happened.
I tried changing the 1 to a 0 in the flynet.ini but still had the same result. In order to stop the monitoring I assume that I'd need to pull the cable out of my modem and then plug it back in before parking the plane at destination (?)
I haven't had this problem with any other flights, which have been in N. America and other planes than the B777.
I'm using v06.9b of the client with FS9. Does any of this sound familiar to anyone else?
Thanx!
George "Alky®" Fisher

avalonceo
Flight Attendant

Post by avalonceo » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:27 am

It actually doesn't sound like a client problem and more of a corrupt scenery problem. Have you recently installed any scenery (for that part of the world)? If not, the fact that it happens at cruise leads me to believe it might actually be corrupt default scenery. I hate suggesting this to anyone, but a re installation or repair might be the solution.

alemaobaiano
Captain

Post by alemaobaiano » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:03 pm

What time are you flying? I have a similar problem when the flight is around midnight, the scenery reloads every few seconds. It happens with or without Flynet.

I've never found a solution, so I just avoid flights in dense scenery areas at midnight.

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:34 am

Try using FSManager to sort your scenery out.But to get FSM to work you have to set your computers date back to about 1999.Before doing this make sure to turn off your internet security programs(Norton,etc.).When scenery is sorted change computer date back to todays date and turn on your internet security.
Yours Stan

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:44 am

This is a bug of the current client. There a is a system which should prevents people from changing the time during flight which sometimes goes crazy. I don't know when this happens, might have something to do with the crossing of the dateline or when you're flying at midnight ( local or utc ? ).
We don't do anymore changes to the current client, but please be patient, our completely rewritten client will be out soon.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:16 pm

Could also be something to do with british summer time starting last night and different time zones etc.Might be ok now that everywhere should be on the same times and season.
Yours Stan

Alky
Ticket Agent

Post by Alky » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:16 pm

Thanx Konny, that might be it. Sorry I've been away for a couple of days and not able too delve into this too much. In total I made 5 attempts at taking a B-777 from Hong Kong to Australia and the constant scenery terrain loading would start about a third of the way out. I made one attempt at going from Hong Kong to Britain and the same thing happened, I even unchecked most all but the basic default scenery, no difference. After a time of the scenery/terrain doing this the client would shut off by itself and the computer in most cases froze except for the mouse. I live on the west coast of Canada and I believe my flights were around midnight GMT (?)
I thank you all for providing assistance and I'll see if I can get this flight in, perhaps at a different time :)
George "Alky®" Fisher

Alky
Ticket Agent

Post by Alky » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:35 am

I tried one more time and no soap!
I canceled my lease of the B-777 and now I have a bigger problem... I'm (pilot) stuck in VHHH and my profile says I'm -27,000+v$ Now why would the system charge me $27 million to transfer $27 thousand??
I own 2 planes which now I'll have to sell for scrap and delete my VA and start again because I don't have $27 million to bring my pilot back to the home airport!!! This whole thing is a nightmare :roll: :evil:
George "Alky®" Fisher

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:58 pm

Hi,

If it's a timezone crossing issue, you could try the solution per this post and see if it helps :

http://flynet.turksim.org/forum/viewtop ... t=timezone

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

Alky
Ticket Agent

Post by Alky » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:32 pm

Quantum wrote:Hi,

If it's a timezone crossing issue, you could try the solution per this post and see if it helps :

Regards

John
Thanx John, whatever the problem was, I fixed it! I removed FS9 and started all over. I installed the Timezone 3.0 package and took off and landed without a problem using a nearly bare bones FS9 :D
Thanx everyone for your help :)
George "Alky®" Fisher

ruudopdeweegh
Flight Attendant

Re:

Post by ruudopdeweegh » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:10 pm

avalonceo wrote:It actually doesn't sound like a client problem and more of a corrupt scenery problem. Have you recently installed any scenery (for that part of the world)? If not, the fact that it happens at cruise leads me to believe it might actually be corrupt default scenery. I hate suggesting this to anyone, but a re installation or repair might be the solution.
It is definitely not a scenery problem as this happens to in the middle of the Atlantic and I don't have/need any scenery of the Atlantic.
All of a sudden the terain etc is reloaded every few seconds and after a little while everything has crashed.

In another message I read:
quoting: "If it's a timezone crossing issue, you could try the solution per this post and see if it helps :
end of quote.
The URL is unfortunately incorrect. The page does not exist.
Soon I need some help as I cannot fly with Flynet client anymore when the flight takes more than approx 1,5 hours. See also my messages elsewhere about the simulator crashing.
Regards,
Ruud.

ruudopdeweegh
Flight Attendant

Re: Scenery/Terrain constantly reloading

Post by ruudopdeweegh » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:11 am

A solution found, not very charming, but is possible again without reloading scenery and terrain every 2 minutes. See my message of today in "unexplained crashes."
Regards,
Ruud.

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Re: Scenery/Terrain constantly reloading

Post by Quantum » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:18 pm

Hi,

here's the corrected url for the old post :-

http://www.fsairlines.net/forum/viewtop ... t=timezone

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services