Client hung

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

simondix

Client hung

Post by simondix » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:56 pm

Just flown flightfrom LEMG to EGCC. When I applied Parking Brake nothing happened. Flynet Client shows a blank screen and Not responding on toolbar. Flight took 5 houras so I do not wish tyo do it again.

Simon

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:44 pm

I would go to the folder where your flynet client is kept and copy the "OUT FILE",the one with a number and then perhaps when Konny or Dahkhurt see your post they may be able to enter the flight for you.They will not be able to do this for you if you dont have the out file.Hope this helps.
Yours Stan

simondix

Post by simondix » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:23 pm

Thanks for the reply. It seems to have 'unhung' itself. Now completed. I am on Vista and can never find the OUT file where my Client is so must be somewhere else. Perhaps if Kinny or Dakhurt could help I will know where to look if it happens again.

Thanks again

Simon

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:44 am

When you d/l the client and unzip the file,everything should be wherever you moved the file to.On my computer it is C/Program Files/FLYNET_6.9b,and the OUT file you would need is the one with a number as the number is your Flynet ID.Anyways glad your prob is sorted.
Yours Stan

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:01 pm

The [number].out file is only created if the client can't connect to the database at the end of the flight.

Just curious, how long did you have to wait for the client to 'unhung' itself? And while you waited, the client just showed a white screen, right? (With a "client not responding" message maybe? )
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

simondix

Post by simondix » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:08 pm

On the task bar at the bottom of the screen it showed Flynet not responding.

The white screen was there for at least half an hour. I the left the computer went and had a meal. When I came back it was Flight completed.

In my Flynet folder I have only three files. The exe. the update and the library.

Should there be more?

Simon