Airport is missing in database

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

trasa

Airport is missing in database

Post by trasa » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:12 am

There are one airport that is missing in your database.
LYNI - Nis Serbia and Montenegro
You must know that this is the second bigest airport in Serbia and that makes your mistake even biger!!!!
This airport was temporarly closed after NATO air strikes in 1999 because of the damage on the runway cused by bombs, but after 2 years it was reconstructed and reopened.
Please corect that mistake in your database.

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:59 am

Three things:

1) Welcome to FLYNet, always nice to see new faces.

2) This topic should have been posted in the Bugs And Problems Forum

3) Thank you for bringing the missing airport to our attention, however, now I have to defend the mind behind FLYNet: Konny. He has singlehandedly been coding the project, and the work he's done is stunning. There are over 25000 airports in the world, and therefor, for a few to be missing, well, that's not a "big mistake" on our part. We're doing our best to bring the whole system online, some aircraft are missing from the database as well, and we rely on our members to helps us build up the database. Now, if you could follow up your complaint with information about the Airport, Runways, Lat Long, etc, and send an email to info@flynet.en-studios.de Konny will be glad to add it. Just remember, this entire system is being given to you free of charge, and programmed at the time and expense of one person. Next time, show a bit more courteousy and understanding in your post please.

trasa

Post by trasa » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:14 am

I admit that I was a little rough. :( I'm sorry.

This is definitely one of the most amazing systems for VA. My intention was only to help.

There is one more thing that you should know: Englis is not my first language, that's why I sometimes can sound stupid. :lol:

Anyway...... Happy landings to all!

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:04 pm

There are many airports missing. Only for Greece, I have spoted more than 5-6, not the biggest ones but well known and popular even beyond the country. But, we are still in Beta. I remember Konny said we will implement in the future some functionality which will enable each one of us to submit a new airport in a similar way, I think, this is doen today with aircrafts. If I were you I would create my schedule in a separate place, I did it in excel, and I would add in FlyNet those flights connecting existing in FlyNet airports, putting a mark on the rest to add them later.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines