booking time

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Kimis

booking time

Post by Kimis » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:56 pm

can any one explain to me why booking time is limited to 24h only?

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:04 pm

Hi,

It is your committment to fly and not keep the passengers waiting. I personally do not book a flight until when I am ready to fly it. Most of our routes have just one flightplan for each route. To lock the flight for 24 hours or more blocks the route for anyone else. I see no advantage extending the period longer than 24 hours, I'm curious, why would you want to do so?

Rgds

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

Kimis

Post by Kimis » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:39 pm

I do not have so many free time to complete longer flights in one session. even 3-5 hours flight some times is problematic to finish it at once for me.
So I think it should be posible to start flight, after couple of hours pause it, than resume on next even after next day and continue, and if that time was not enough, pause again and maybe finish flight on 3rd session, which maybe can be even on 5th day of flight.
No such limitation simply puts me and other bussy people out of "competition".
I know what simulation rate is, but I do not prefer and do not like it, while I see some pilots flying 16x rate even for 30 minutes flight ... can't understand where is the point of such flying.. :)

Miikoyan
Chief Pilot

Post by Miikoyan » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:44 am

I think there was a talk back in mid 2007 for CEOs to choose their flight plan waiting time or the penalty...not sure.
GoUS Executive Chairman
World Alliance Board of Directors

Kimis

Post by Kimis » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:30 am

yeh, I've found one thread where some one asked why his flight booking has been canceled by web site befor he landed after 23 h long flight on 747 :) it was laready more than 24 h after booking has been made.
But there was no answers regarding booking time. User has been accused as cheater as "not real aircraft able to fly so long". and nothing about booking time :)