Taxi Speeding Tickets

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Kavorkian

Taxi Speeding Tickets

Post by Kavorkian » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:33 am

When someone is taxing with there auto throttle set at 15 knt and gets a headwind of 15 knt they get a ticket is this fair?
Case in point I was taxing off of a runway to my gate and when i turned into a headwind i got a ticket should we all spend hours taxing to a gate at 1 knt at windy airports on the coast like at KMIA??? Since it is on the coast taxing at 1 knt for 2 hours makes no sense to me !!!Maybe this has been brought up before i dont know i dont use the search function here it is to broad sry!!! Thanks!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:Maybe a true ground speed should be used here instead of knots in the airspeed volume!!! :lol: :lol:Of course i guess we could all stop on the runway and put our parking brake on but i'm past those days whats the point no realizm in that !!! :roll: :roll:

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:11 am

Actually it does use true ground speed. Auto throttle at 15kn with a 15kn head wind you wont move, 15kn with a 15kn tail wind and you will go 30. Open up your GPS and it will give you true ground speed.

And if you want to talk about realism, no real pilot would ever use auto throttle on the ground.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:02 pm

joefremont wrote:Actually it does use true ground speed. Auto throttle at 15kn with a 15kn head wind you wont move, 15kn with a 15kn tail wind and you will go 30. Open up your GPS and it will give you true ground speed.

And if you want to talk about realism, no real pilot would ever use auto throttle on the ground.
then why do some planes come with auto taxi speed control?
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Kimis

Post by Kimis » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:26 pm

I doubt does such system exists in real life. we can do almost everything what we want at FS.

But anyway I'm sure that such system is based on ground speed, not on air speed, while auto throtle is based on airspeed

SnakeBite
Ticket Agent

Post by SnakeBite » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:47 pm

What if the wind speed is 25kts and heading 360 and you need to taxi at the same heading?
Will you get this 5% subtracted automatically?

Not Fair!!

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:19 pm

Hi,

Windspeed will only affect your IAS not your GS. The client reads your GS. So when you are taxiing with a 15kt tailwind 15 kts GS is 0 IAS. 20kts IAS in same situation will give you a 35kt GS = penalty. Take heed of the windspeed and direction and you will avoid penalties. I believe that there are utilities out there that will enable you to set your taxi speed as a groundspeed.

Rgds

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

FsNovice

Post by FsNovice » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:05 pm

I think i have a solution to this problem, i have been doing it for ages and the problem seems to go away

I GAVE UP CARING ABOUT A 95% REP LONG AGO, AND TAXI AS I CONSIDER SAFE!!!!!

95% rep isnt a crash, so stop fretting guys, and go fly!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

tjbaughn
Captain

Post by tjbaughn » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:29 pm

Joe,
I believe this was a constructive question even though the poster was upset. He along with most of the guys here are flying here to gain information on proper technique, as well as to have fun. I myself am very upset with my rating only being 98.9% out of 820 flights and every time I have a 95% flight I have to fly 20+ flights just to move up a 10th of a percent in rating. But then again, maybe I am wrong.
ImageImage

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:48 pm

The pilots rating is just an average of all your flights, rounded to two decimals. So with one 95% flight to get your displayed rating back to 100% (99.995 before rounding) you would need 999 perfect flights, which for me at least is not going to happen. I agree with FsNovice, 95% is a good flight, it will help your airlines reputation which to me is more important than my personal rating.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Kimis

Post by Kimis » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:13 pm

yes, but human nature is to try to get best result as posible :)
I'm and believe others are more satisfied when flight was performed 100% perfect.
Actualy I don't care about total rating, as you can be active pilot and your total rating will never be 100%, but at statistics page there are a lot of 100% rated pilots with only 1 or 2 flights at all :)
Personaly I try to set record on longest series of 100% flights :) it's realy more fun.

tjbaughn
Captain

Post by tjbaughn » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:43 pm

joefremont wrote:The pilots rating is just an average of all your flights, rounded to two decimals. So with one 95% flight to get your displayed rating back to 100% (99.995 before rounding) you would need 999 perfect flights, which for me at least is not going to happen. I agree with FsNovice, 95% is a good flight, it will help your airlines reputation which to me is more important than my personal rating.

I understand and believe me I am not trying to make a big deal out of this; all I am saying is that some airlines and pilots want to end the month up with 100% average ratings. Take David Booker with Classic British Flight Services my hat is off to him with 14 months with the best average rating, so are we saying that is not important to the pilots here? Now I only have one month with that rating and had to work hard (stay sober) to get it. Maybe you’re right, and maybe when the program was designed it was set up so the pilots did not worry about the ratings, and awards, if so I misunderstood and stand corrected.

Sorry kinda got off the topic a little bit.
ImageImage