Leasing module

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

SenseiMatty

Leasing module

Post by SenseiMatty » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:30 am

Most of Virtual Airlines CEOs seem to don't know what is a leasing.
In fact most of them require the total sum at the first payment, and zero weekly.
This kind of leasing doesn't make sense, don't you think so?

You should insert some kind of percent limit for the first payment in the leasing module.

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:27 pm

We CEO,s charge like that because of the number of airlines leasing our aircraft and crashing on the first flight.They then quit their airline and start again .The aircraft then returns to the owner with a large repair bill.So by charging a large initial payment at least we get some of our money back.I had one last week that needed $55M repairs doing to it and that is why the leasing arrangements should stay the way they are,otherwise we will either have to drastically increase our fees or stop leasing aircraft altogether.
Yours Stan

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:13 pm

Personally I think that the large upfront payment does not make sence, especially for long term leases. But its really up to the two airlines, hopefully market forces will favor those who take payments over time.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:07 pm

The leasing market is open to everybody, and so if anyone feels that they can do better then instead of complaining start your own leasing company and clean-up.
Yours Stan