Not At Departure Airport

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Avant_1001

Not At Departure Airport

Post by Avant_1001 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:17 am

I am currently booked for a flight from KCLT to KMIA on a 737-800. I loaded up FSX, set up the fuel and got to the blocks like any normal flight. I called up the client and got it going but when I clicked "fly" it gave me an error message saying I was not at the departure airport. I'm certain I was but I had installed FSUIPC 4 without a reboot so I tried that but when I brought everything back up I had the same error.

I used the search function but did not seem to find this particular issue which leads me to believe this is somehow my problem but I sure don't know what may be. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:28 am

I doubt it's the problem, but if you were on the very south end of the airport, it could explain you getting the error. Try moving north some or loading at the terminal instead and see if that fixes the issue.

Avant_1001

Post by Avant_1001 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:59 am

That didn't seem to help...

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:23 am

The closest airport in our database to KCLT is 13 miles away so I don't think the client is getting confused with that. What is your latitude/longitude when you start up (hit control-Z until it shows up in the upper left corner of your screen). Currently our database has that airport at Latitude 35°12'50" N Longitude 80°56'35" W .
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Avant_1001

Post by Avant_1001 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:47 am

Here are the lat/long of the CLT airport as reported by FSX: N35,13.25 W85,56.83

Before I started having this problem, I found that FSX seemed to be getting 'unstable'. For example, when i would go up to the menu after in the airplane and look to set fuel or 'go to airport' or weather or whatever, FSX would hang then crash. So I decided I would uninstall then re-install FSX. I did so but I did NOT go into program files and manually delete the remnants of the folder after the uninstall, I simply installed again over it.

I also realized tonight that after reinstalling, I did not go out and install SP1 & SP2 (which I think may have contributed to the problem). Now that I have installed SP1&2 I am finding that it's unstable again!

Anyway, I am going to uninstall again, clean everything, re-install with the Service Packs and try again....this is way more fun than flying anyway :wink:

I'll report how it all goes.

The biggest bummer has been the cost of cancelling flights and an airline ticket to see if KIAD worked (it didn't). :x
Last edited by Avant_1001 on Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:58 am

Avant_1001 wrote:Here are the lat/long of the CLT airport as reported by FSX: N35,13.25 W85,56.83
If you are correct and FSX has that airport at W85,56.83 its off by about 245nm to the west, somewhere in Tennessee.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:13 am

Avant_1001 wrote:Here are the lat/long of the CLT airport as reported by FSX: N35,13.25 W85,56.83

Before I started having this problem, I found that FSX seemed to be getting 'unstable'. For example, when i would go up to the menu after in the airplane and look to set fuel or 'go to airport' or weather or whatever, FSX would hang then crash. So I decided I would uninstall then re-install FSX. I did so but I did NOT go into program files and manually delete the remnants of the folder after the uninstall, I simply installed again over it.

I also realized tonight that after reinstalling, I did not go out and install SP1 & SP2 (which I think may have contributed to the problem). Now that I have installed SP1&2 I am finding that it's unstable again!

Anyway, I am going to uninstall again, clean everything, re-install with the Service Packs and try again....this is way more fun than flying anyway :wink:

I'll report how it all goes.
ok dont do anything yet.

i will post my instructions in following post, but want to tell you first.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:28 am

ok, before you uninstall fsx, you pretty much need to go through, all of you folders and deleted everything. delete all aircraft, gauges, addon scnery, and effects. also, make sure if any of you addon aircraft, scnery, etc, if you actually got an installer with with it, make sure you use the unistaller, and then make sure the aircraft isnt still in the aircraft folder. if you dont use the uninstaller that came with the aircraft or scnery, etc, when you go to re-install fsx they will still be there. i went through all folders that could possibly have things that came from downloads, so the ones i said all might have things in them that could possibly corrupt your game, but i dont think any of the other folders should affect anything.

ok once you have everything deleted, you can then go and unistall FSX. once you get it reinstalled, you can then istall SP1, i would make sure that works first before installing Sp2. i had many problems with FSX back a few months ago, because i installed SP1 to a game with downloads, and SP1 has to go to a clean game. so just now, 2 weeks ago i did the steps that i put above, and deleted things first then unistalled it, and im finally getting SP1 working correctly. i dont know if you ever had problems hosting sessions because of
sp1 but if you did, i would wait a few days to install SP2 and see if everything is working right.

Personally i think SP2 is horrible, my game has actually slowed down instead of gone up, and Sp2 is the last service pack. Microsoft has stopped working on FSX and has started back up on working on FS11.

now im giving you these steps from experience from problems, so they hopefully should work.

ALSO IF ANYONE HAS SP2 INSTALLED AND IS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH IT DO NOT UNINSTALL SP2, YOU WILL LOSE ALL OF YOUR PANELS AND FSX WILL HAVE PROBLEMS ALSO, YOU WILL HAVE TO UNISTALL THE WHOLE GAME.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Avant_1001

Post by Avant_1001 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:36 am

Yeah that's a pain. It's weird, until recently, I never had problems with FSX. Anyway, I am going to go ahead and try all of that and then re-install and start over.

Is there any chance of getting some of the funds back from flight cancellations caused by this problem? I suppose 'realistically' speaking it could have been considered cancelled flights due to A/C mechanical problems....

Avant_1001

Post by Avant_1001 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:37 am

PS Thank you everyone for taking a look at this and taking the time to assist.