Electrical failure

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

FsNovice

Electrical failure

Post by FsNovice » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:41 pm

I was planning a Va flight from Gatwick to Dublin. Fired up the client, got to the runway, all that jazz, took off, electrical failure as i was climbing. Fine, random failure accepted, started over again from ground up. Same problem, on climb, almost same phase, electrical failure. Starting to get annoyed. Change plane, as original plane wasnt at 100%, spent thousands moving planes around. Rebooked flight. Same problem on climb again. Tried 3 times on this new plane, still same problem. After every unsucsessful flight, i have rebooted the client. Any ideas of what could be causing this. Oh BTW, i tried the same flight inbetween and didnt get the same error inflight. More than happy to submit any .out files needed to resolve this. Cheers

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:01 pm

When you say electrical problem what do you mean? Did your house suffer a power outage? Did flight sim crash?
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

FsNovice

Post by FsNovice » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:41 pm

Power outage yep. Flight sim didnt crash but i couldnt continue the flight due to having no ap and electronic artifical horizon. I had full directional control and emergency interior lighting, but no cockpit lighting or the like. Its not nessecarily it happening that concerns me, its something that can happen i admit to even the most maintained fleet, its the fact that it happened on 4 consequitive flights and on different flynet planes.

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:50 pm

Hi,

I am sure Konny will confirm this but the last I heard, the only failures currently built into the client are :

Engine Failure
Gear failure (won't extend)
Flap Failure

Anything else is probably down to the aircraft operation. It sounds to me that you don't have the generators turned on and are running on battery power which will only run for a short time before you run them down and will suffer electrical failure. If your default flight has the generators turned off then they will be off in all your aircraft until you turn them back on again.

Rgds

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

FsNovice

Post by FsNovice » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:31 pm

But after the third flight with electrical failure, i reset the flight, and looked into Aircraft failures, and saw that the electrics were set to fail between 0 and 5 minutes, I never set a failure. I'll keep trying and see if i can get any more info to assist with diagnosis of this problem. Never had this happen before

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:43 pm

FsNovice wrote:But after the third flight with electrical failure, i reset the flight, and looked into Aircraft failures, and saw that the electrics were set to fail between 0 and 5 minutes
well, that's it. The client doesn't use the options from the aircraft failure menu and also only induces the failures Quantum already mentioned...
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

FsNovice

Post by FsNovice » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:35 am

Odd though, that i never set this failure, and no random failure was set. So the problem must be my end, ok i'll keep looking. I've decided to reinstall and see if that fixes it!! Hope to god it does.

FsNovice

Post by FsNovice » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:13 pm

Quantum, thanks eternally for your guidance, it was after all a generator issue, what appeared to have happened, even though no warning light came on (?) is that the both generators had failed and i was running on emergency battery, which everntually gave up the ghost. Finally found the button to restart the generator and the plane lived. Sucsess!!! Cheers guys. Now lets just the passengers accept our reasons and dont mind the 12 hour delay and shoddy hotel we put them up in overnight!!!! :lol: :lol: