FSX and the Client

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Darius

FSX and the Client

Post by Darius » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:26 pm

I bought FSX two days ago, but when i set up my flight and the aircraft, and I load the client, when I click on "fly booked flight" it sais that mS Flight Simulator is not running, but it is.

What should I do to correct this?

FsNovice

Post by FsNovice » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:58 pm

make sure you have version 4 of FSUIPC which is the only one that works with FSX, version 3 isnt thus compatiable

GEERCEE

Flynet,FSUIPC

Post by GEERCEE » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:59 pm

The problem you are having is caused by BLOCK Programme.To fix this ,you must have Flynet and FSUIPC shortcuts on your desktop,then RIGHT click FSUIPC,go to Advance,and
UNBLOCK,then run as Administrator,Do the same with FLYNET.Hope this gets you in the air

Kimis

Re: Flynet,FSUIPC

Post by Kimis » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:21 pm

GEERCEE wrote:The problem you are having is caused by BLOCK Programme.To fix this ,you must have Flynet and FSUIPC shortcuts on your desktop,then RIGHT click FSUIPC,go to Advance,and
UNBLOCK,then run as Administrator,Do the same with FLYNET.Hope this gets you in the air
yes, and you have to wear black socks, red underwear, and must turn around counterclockwise on your left heel before starting FSX.

People, please, do not post such things, like suggestions to install C++ to run client, to place shortcuts to programs only on desktop and unblocking them - they are just shortcuts, not a programs. Even if you have to unblock something (most probably on Vista only, but not on XP), that mean that you have to unblock program by it self, not a shortcut, which just simply points to a program.
such suggestions looks similar for me like suggestion to approach parked car from leeward side only...

I'm not angry. Just want to help others not to waste time for useless installations and other things.

On my PC I had just to install FSX and FSUIPC4 (latest one, 4.12 or 4.10) and Flynet working well without any C++, blocks/unblocks and even shortcuts on desktop.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:06 pm

c++, wasn't for the client, how i suggested it... its for the actual game... when u install the game, u will see it being installed, but sometimes, it can get corrupted, so u have to reinstall it...

if something isn't right with C++, which affects the game, then how do u expect the client to work right when it trys to read the game when its corrupted??? i had the problem that was discussed on the other topic b4, once i reinstalled C++ it worked...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Kimis

Post by Kimis » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:48 pm

Yes, I agree, that there are some very unique programs, which require to install C++ or other runtime libraries/modules to have it runing. but everythere here we are talking about FS and FN client. isn't it ? :)

Neither FS nor FN client need any additional software to work together except FSUIPC.
almost 99% of all reasons whent client can't connect to FS are problems with FSUIPC.

Yes, all we are very honest and ready to help to each other here in our community. But some times our help is just wasting of time.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:56 pm

the only reason i said it, is because it looked as if its a c++ error, if it was fsuicp, FS, it wouldnt of been labeled c++ at the top... that the reason i suggested it... and that has happened to me b4, and the solution was as simple as reinstalling c++...

and Darius have u gotten it to work yet?
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Kimis

Post by Kimis » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:17 pm

Flynet client sometimes popup error window about C++ just because client has been written in C++ language and uses C++ libraries compiled inside of it. and thats all.

I had similar messages few times and client working for me without any problems, until next time when it will decided to crash. And I'm sure C++ will not help in such case, as you, me and no one of us, except Konny and Dakurt, has source code of client program. :)

I'm not blaming you that you have said that. I just try to explain to you and to others what is what :)