leasing problem...

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

leasing problem...

Post by flightsimer » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:27 pm

um i have lease out 4 a/c now, the one was on 11-27, and the other three were last night...

i set them so that there would be no intial csot, instead ive done them to be paid daily...
i was just looking at my finaces, and i dont show any income from them.

i should have recieved, 600k from the first one by now.

i have 2 questions though... the company just leased three a/c last night, b4 midnight, so shouldnt i of been paid right after midnight... im in the same timezone as the server is, so that wouldnt affect anything...

now next question is, does the money get taken from them after the lease? like they will pay for how ever many days they had it, after the lease is over?
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:47 pm

The payments are made weekly so the first payment would be received seven days from when the lease was started.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:48 pm

Its a daily rental but it is taken by the week,so u will get paid at end of first week.
Yours Stan

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:58 pm

ok thanks...

should it be called weekly payment then? when something is callled daily payment, that means its a daily thing not a weekly thing...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:47 am

To help make comparisons easier the list of aircraft available for lease shows the amount per day, but when you filled out the lease agreement details, the second field cleary states 'Weekly Payment'.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:29 am

ok i just need some info to make sure i understand this right...

i leased a 737-800 last week for 250k per day. so i should of made 1,750,000 per week. now i just got a payment for the lease today. but it was only for 250K, when they had the plane for 7 days. so i should of gotten 1.5 mil more, but i didnt. now i understand that when it was called "daily" payment that, the total for the week would be paid at the end of the week. so shouldnt i of gotten 1.75 mil instead of 250k, since they had it for a week? i think when the name got changed, it might of affected this by making current leased amount taken just once since it would be for the week...

if there was a bug when the named changed, then i will have to post a few more times, since another 4 or so a/c was leased b4 the name was changed to weekly...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:48 am

flightsimer wrote:ok i just need some info to make sure i understand this right...

i leased a 737-800 last week for 250k per day. so i should of made 1,750,000 per week. now i just got a payment for the lease today. but it was only for 250K, when they had the plane for 7 days. so i should of gotten 1.5 mil more, but i didnt. now i understand that when it was called "daily" payment that, the total for the week would be paid at the end of the week. so shouldnt i of gotten 1.75 mil instead of 250k, since they had it for a week? i think when the name got changed, it might of affected this by making current leased amount taken just once since it would be for the week...

if there was a bug when the named changed, then i will have to post a few more times, since another 4 or so a/c was leased b4 the name was changed to weekly...
On the 'Sell/Lease/Scrap Aircraft' page where the leasing rates are entered it always said First Payment/Weekly Payment, it has not been changed since the new system was deployed.

skybound

Post by skybound » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:02 am

So, again, how do we gain if we call it daily but charge it weekly? That makes no sense. If you call all payments weekly then you can still compare all aircraft prices.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:29 am

To reduce confusion, the list of aircraft available for lease now displays the rate as price per week rather than price per day.